Thread: Fiber Counting?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #206
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

I was asked to post what I eat on another thread so I thought I would share it here as well. I am happy that while I'm doing Atkins Induction this week that I ended up with a little more fiber than I thought I would. So I think this will work well to get me back on track.

Pattience Thanks for sharing about your dad. That is helpful. No I don't think my problem is with the bowels. I'm sure it is acid reflux. I'm pretty sure it was caused by a combination of a few things. I was in Overeater's Anonymous for years and we learned 3 meals and that was it no in between eating. It was so stressed to me and when I think back to when I was doing that, I had GERD all the time. So I'm sure it was eating too much food at one time. I've heard that breaking your eating up into smaller meals is so much better. So I will see.

Don't know if I will do a 2 week Atkins Induction or just one. So many benefits eating lower carb, but I honestly believe that this will teach me how to eat better carbs. I bought some quinoa and can't wait to try it. I've heard so many good things about it.

Food Plan for today.
Breakfast - 2 sl bacon, 2 eggs, 1 sl American cheese & 1/2 avocado

Lunch - 6 chicken wings and 1/2 c broccoli

Dinner - 4 oz whiting fillet and 1/2 c asparagus

Snack #1 - 2 sl Hickory smoked turkey 1 sl reduced fat swiss cheese

Snack #2 - egg salad made with mayo and dill relish and mayo

This comes to 1281 calories, 16 g carbs, 2536 mg sodium and 9 g fiber

I won't be doing the 5 miles on my bike while doing AI because Atkins recommends not exercising while on Induction. However, I will decided to do the 3.5 miles 3x a week because I don't want to lose ground and I don't want my hip to start hurting again. Also the sodium is a little high, but according to the new Atkins book when doing low carb especially during Induction, we need the salt to prevent the leg cramps. So for now I'm not going to worry about it because I sure hate waking up in the middle of the night with those leg cramps.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63 : 03-31-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: made changes to food plan
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote