Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/127/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I made it, now what...

Hello all,

I have lost about 30 pounds in the past 5 months by healthy eating and exercising. However, I have been a binge eater for almost 15 years and it seems like it never really leaves you. My goal weight was 130 and I am now 127. I feel sometimes that maybe I should try to be thinner and I obsess about it. I have also started adding back some foods that I wouldn't necessarily eat because of my weight loss goals. I am finding that with the increase of these types of foods, even in small portions, my binge eating is triggered and I am craving these things like crazy. Any suggestions to adapt some of these not-so-healthy foods back without triggering an all-out binge? I have just lost and gained weight so much that I could not stand to go back down that painful road. So, in conclusion, I made it, now what?
HopefulThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138.6/122.4/120

Height: 5ft 5"

hi im in a similar dilema-im just about to do my final weigh in after my months challenge to reach my target and i know im more or less there as my clothes have fit 4the last 2weeks-for the next 2days im not goin to b healthy as we have had today n 2moro planned as treat days 2 celebrate birthdays etc...i know that i will end up goin all out n eat a lot of junk food n prob gaina lot in tje next 2days but v been in his situation in the past where iv hit my target,then had a wknd off n gained but then go back 2healthy plan/workouts and i lose it within the next few weeks-so my theory is u can have 'treat' days or meals every so often 4 a day or so a week then b healthy the other days then that way maintain..?i guess i need to try it this week n c wat happens...ill let u know how it goes but i intend to enjoy myself for the next 2days!
well done on ur big success u should b proud :-) and i know its hard to stop binging-i crave food all the time but its easy to find subs for usual.treats that r healthier-eg vegetable chips/crisps,sugar free meringue cookies,frozen fruit is 1of my faves!i drink lots of different flavours of herbal tea 2 :-)
LittleMissNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/202/145

Height: 5 6'

Congratulations on you goal. I would say whenever your feeling like eating something that's unhealthy try to replace it with a healthier version. Like the other day I was craving pizza like crazy!! So instead of messing up, I looked in the fridge and grabbed all sorts of veggies and cheese! I had some pizza sauce and flour... but I'll admit I did have to go to a Dollar store that's a few blocks from my house for crushed pepper flakes lol. Anyways I did my thing and it was delicious! I felt sooooo good about not caving into my bad habits. PLUS I saved money. I only spent a dollar.
muddpies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.8 / 220.8 / 140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Hopeful Thoughts
Congratulations, on reaching beyond your goal.
I also was a binge eater, lots of sugar and carbs and craved it.
My weight loss journey has only just begun Feb 26, 2014, I think what has helped me a lot is supplements like a multi vitamin, calcium/magnesium, probiotics, and one to level out the sugar/insulin. I am not very good at explaining it but if you could go to your favorite health food store and ask them about chromium picolinate and maybe even garcinia cambogia, they would be able to explain how they help. I can honestly say so far I have not had un manageable cravings.

I am not there yet, but I read that if we slowly re introduce certain foods, for example a starchy vegetable, maybe having it a couple times a week, it may not trigger the binge impulses or cause weight gain. Maybe try just reintroducing 1 food per week?

Maybe I am wrong but I think any items we had cut out of our diet so that we would be more successful at weight loss, will only be for eating occasionally.

I hope this helps and I really hope someone with more knowledge will give their opinions.
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulThoughts View Post
Hello all,

I have lost about 30 pounds in the past 5 months by healthy eating and exercising. However, I have been a binge eater for almost 15 years and it seems like it never really leaves you. My goal weight was 130 and I am now 127. I feel sometimes that maybe I should try to be thinner and I obsess about it. I have also started adding back some foods that I wouldn't necessarily eat because of my weight loss goals. I am finding that with the increase of these types of foods, even in small portions, my binge eating is triggered and I am craving these things like crazy. Any suggestions to adapt some of these not-so-healthy foods back without triggering an all-out binge? I have just lost and gained weight so much that I could not stand to go back down that painful road. So, in conclusion, I made it, now what?
Don't add them back in. A sober alcoholic can't have "just a little alcohol" ever again. A clean drug addict cannot have heroin just once in a while, on special occasions.

You can't have it. It's not good for you, and for long term success, it's best if it just isn't a part of your food. "Diets" really just don't work. So if you think that now you've reached goal you can go off your diet, you'll likely regain. Life style changes do work. Make it a new life style to no longer eat those foods. Besides, rarely are people addicted to carrots so I'm guess you're talking about sweets, or maybe bread...neither of which are good for you anyway. So, just say no and enjoy your health and success!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #6  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 198/152/maintaining

Height: 5'7"

I agree. I've been maintaining for over a year but there are still some things that I know are going to trigger a binge. One is popcorn. I know it's not a bad food. But after the 4th bag of it, I realize (again) that it's just not something I can have on a regular basis. So I try to eat it when I'm at a movie and not bring it in the house.
StephMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138.6/122.4/120

Height: 5ft 5"

well i was 1.2lb off my target weight n 1/2" off target waist measurement!nvm!iv eaten food 4the sake of it today but not going to stress about it!was v dissapointed with food i took my mum oit 4-no taste whatsoever so angry tuat i wasted a day/meal to eat that when could of eaten somethin i liked instead-very upset so now goin to end up.eatn more crap out of bein depressed about it :-( was my mums choice to go there but ill never go there again-left half of it but annoyed i ate what i did wen i didnt even like it-prob thought as im payin 4it y waste it..wish i couldv had the control to just leave it as it wasnt nice food..at least tue ice cream was nice but still annoyed!sorry about the rant!
at least tomoro goin pics to c new muppet movie with boyf 4his bday n goin to foods of world buffet after-nice food hopefully as is been recommended!ill b right baxk to healthiness from wednesday up until we leave 4 abroad on april 12th!and still doing my workouts today n 2moro even tho im off diet-hope everyone has tood day n sorry 4 half negative post-horrible carvery food!:O
LittleMissNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/127/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you everyone for all your support!! Good luck and success to everyone out there. It's great that we can all find people who understand!
HopefulThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #9  
banned

Hey hopeful thoughts. I have read your message.
It's a good thing you have this attitude of getting up.
I suggest you get a personal trainer. Or personal health and fitness coach.

As for me, I am enrolled in 30 Days Sugar Free by Barry Friedman. I'm on my tenth day now. It really helps to have someone to guide you
free529 is offline   Reply With Quote