Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #130
Wannabehealthy
Happy to be healthy!

S/C/G: 217/ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Trish, I was not bothered by your comment. In fact, it made me feel good that you were watching out for me! We are a close bunch here and watch out for each other.

I woke up around 5 AM today, so since I was up anyway I checked my BS. It had gone up about 10 points overnight, which is not unusual. I wanted to wait and eat breakfast with my husband when he got up so I didn't eat or take my meds. I was waiting to take them with breakfast. By the time he got up around 9, my BS had gone up another 30 points! I had heard people say that if you go too long without eating your body will start dumping glucose, even if your BG is not low. I guess I was a prime example this morning. I only ate 2 scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms so I only took a half a pill. That did nothing. Two hours later my BS had not gone down at all but it also didn't go up, but it was too high (199). So I made a salad with spinach and iceberg lettuce and a hard boiled egg for lunch and took the other half of the pill. Now I'm waiting to check at 2 PM to see what happens. I think my BG is taking more than 2 hours to drop after I eat and I might be better off to check at 3 hours instead of 2. I'm not used to this much checking, but I want to see how these new meds are effecting me. Poor little fingers! LOL

I am working on breaking the habit of eating between meals, so I don't want to start eating more smaller meals. However, I am considering taking some calories from each meal and adding a very small snack between meals. If I go with the theory that the longer I go without eating the higher my glucose will go, then it's beneficial to me to have a small snack to keep my glucose steady instead of having the roller coaster. By a small snack, I mean a couple tablespoons of yogurt with a sprinkle of Fiber One, or a couple celery sticks with a bit of PB or hummus. Not enough to be considered a meal, but enough to tell my body I'm eating. And I will make sure I deduct some calories from my other meals rather than just adding more calories. I'm going to figure this out if it kills me. Hmmmm, I guess "kills me" was not a good choice of words.

"Whatever your goal, you can get there as long as you are willing to be honest with yourself about the preparation and the work involved."...Oprah Winfrey

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending...Carl Bard