– Just about my best day in a year. Did Pure Muscle Tone
at the gym, CREDIT moi, where the instructor said at one point, "Now we'll take a rest" which we took in the plank position. Hardly a rest - the plank is hard for me. Much was hard for me but I persevered even if I didn't do all the reps he called for. Muscles felt worked enough to warrant a protein shake after it was over (that I counted as my morning snack).
The big food conundrum was a 1pm funeral with a reception. I hemmed and hawed until I planned to have some raw veggies at home at my usual lunch time and have the equivalent of my sandwich at the reception. That worked. I knew dozens of folks there so I had plenty of conversations to distract me. Ultimately, I had two finger-sized turkey sandwich slivers and some raw veggies. I ignored the liquid calories and the desserts galore. Felt super good about my food choices for the day, CREDIT moi. Yep, easily my best day in about a year.
Scale says two pounds gained
for the day! Please send me some of those little lectures for reconciliation: It's only a number ... It's the journey that matters ... whatever.
I'm stuck on No good deed goes unpunished,
– Yep, Kudos for posting, for cogitating about your situation, and for making a "do-these-things-daily-cause-you-feel-better-when-you-do-them-plan."
Looking forward to a Beck Thread meetup in the Boston area.
– Yep, Kudos indeed for logging popcorn and paying for a motivational recording. Even when not beaming gleefully, you're working your program.
- Super Kudos for leaving behind that 4 pounds of Velveeta for $3 that is selling at Amazon for $17.99
. It helps me to ignore it seeing it at my supermarket on the unrefrigerated shelves next to identical shaped packages of lard. Yay for Vermont cheddar.
– We have friends who are very happy with their very simple clay chiminea
. Neat idea to view all the options to help find the simple one that fits for you.
- Thanks for the reminder that I can get potassium from chard for a lot less calories than from my bananas. (But it probably doesn't do well atop a peanut butter sandwich, LOL.) Congrats on that exercise pants NSV.
- LOL at "Maybe Cloud 10."
Congrats for a losing March.
day 13 Overcome Cravings
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 134.
. . .Once I stop giving in to cravings and
they become much weaker and less frequent,
... . . . . . .dieting will be easier.