View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #267
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Just about my best day in a year. Did Pure Muscle Tone at the gym, CREDIT moi, where the instructor said at one point, "Now we'll take a rest" which we took in the plank position. Hardly a rest - the plank is hard for me. Much was hard for me but I persevered even if I didn't do all the reps he called for. Muscles felt worked enough to warrant a protein shake after it was over (that I counted as my morning snack).

The big food conundrum was a 1pm funeral with a reception. I hemmed and hawed until I planned to have some raw veggies at home at my usual lunch time and have the equivalent of my sandwich at the reception. That worked. I knew dozens of folks there so I had plenty of conversations to distract me. Ultimately, I had two finger-sized turkey sandwich slivers and some raw veggies. I ignored the liquid calories and the desserts galore. Felt super good about my food choices for the day, CREDIT moi. Yep, easily my best day in about a year.

Scale says two pounds gained for the day! Please send me some of those little lectures for reconciliation: It's only a number ... It's the journey that matters ... whatever. I'm stuck on No good deed goes unpunished, LOL.

onebyone Yep, Kudos for posting, for cogitating about your situation, and for making a "do-these-things-daily-cause-you-feel-better-when-you-do-them-plan." Looking forward to a Beck Thread meetup in the Boston area.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) Yep, Kudos indeed for logging popcorn and paying for a motivational recording. Even when not beaming gleefully, you're working your program.

maryann - Super Kudos for leaving behind that 4 pounds of Velveeta for $3 that is selling at Amazon for $17.99. It helps me to ignore it seeing it at my supermarket on the unrefrigerated shelves next to identical shaped packages of lard. Yay for Vermont cheddar.

nationalparker We have friends who are very happy with their very simple clay chiminea. Neat idea to view all the options to help find the simple one that fits for you.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Thanks for the reminder that I can get potassium from chard for a lot less calories than from my bananas. (But it probably doesn't do well atop a peanut butter sandwich, LOL.) Congrats on that exercise pants NSV.

6crowsgold - LOL at "Maybe Cloud 10." Congrats for a losing March.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

. . .Once I stop giving in to cravings and
they become much weaker and less frequent,
... . . . . . .dieting will be easier.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 134.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 10 months