Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #126
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

I'm not giving up on the fiber. I know the importance of eating it. I am babying my tummy right now so my fiber is low, but calories and sodium are good. 1487 calories, 1451 mg sodium and fiber 12 g. I am going to try to keep my fiber around 15 g or so until my tummy is feeling better. Until then I am going to focus on keeping my calories and sodium down. Later when I can, I will work at raising my fiber again, but slowly. My fbs has been 127 for 2 days in a row and I want to keep it that way. I don't plan to raise my fiber extremely high next time. At this time, I plan to raise it to no more than 25 to 30 grams.

When I was in my late 20, I had colitis. I haven't suffered with it in so many years that I had forgotten about it. Today, I remembered that the doctor I had back then told me that I had to be careful eating a lot of roughage/fiber because I could not eat a lot of it because it caused my colon to go into spasms. I took medicine for it for years. I'm not going to have it again so I will be careful and eat it in moderation.

I looked up indigestion on MedMd and it suggests eating small meals about every 2 hours. I never wanted to do that, but I think I will try doing it. In fact, I think IE would help with that as it says to eat about every 2 hours and eat only as much as needed to satisfy without feeling stuffed.

Weight seems to be stalled between 226 & 227 and I don't want to screw up here and gain. Thus watching calories mostly right now.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63 : 03-29-2014 at 07:49 PM.