– Success for the day was installing the new digital timer switch for the bathroom vent fan. CREDIT moi for getting something done that was bugging DW. Exercise was dancing. Joy was going out of the house without a coat - like this rumor of spring might just happen.
Eating on plan, CREDIT moi, included leaving a table of snacks untouched during the evening. Homemade brownies called me the loudest, but I had to admit that I'll be offered homemade brownies again before I die. The Sabotaging Thought reared that the Tapenade (olive spread) was one I'd never seen with the label indicating that it was Middle Eastern. (Couldn't read the label nor recognize the language.) It was easy to gather the Helpful Response that all Tapenade is Middle Eastern since that's where the olives grow and that Tapenade is just a fancy word for broken olives that otherwise couldn't be sold. There's a jar in my pantry for whenever I add it to my plan - with its zillion calories. Oh Well.
– Just loving the image of all the good intentions piling up on the floor beneath the window ready to be retrieved. Thanks for that. Congrats for retaining the ability to sleep for nine and a half hours.
- So major, "but stopped way before I wanted to."
I'm convinced that if we could just master that stopping, we'd never get too far off track. Kudos.
– Good to be reminded of a major key to success, "I keep a tight rein on my food environment"
- Kudos for being aware.
– LOL at your gym class, "Shockwave."
I have the same response to my gym's offering of Ripped
Kudos for working to conquer that budgeting program.
- Sending supportive thoughts as you work such a difficult arena as bringing relationships in line with your emerging self. Thanks for the jewel, "Some people are in my life for a season, some for a reason and a special few for a lifetime."
– Kudos for having the sensitivity that your visit to help your parents will also be a tension for them hosting a guest. That level of awareness should help the situation. Difficult situations seem to require a "nutty thought process"
- Goodbye "horror month"
- welcome approaching Fall down under. Yep, Kudos indeed for recommitting immediately.
- Congrats for choosing to descend from such sturdy stock as your grandmother who's out line dancing at 88. I'm so jealous of all the menfolk in your life out launching rockets today.
- Well, I'm
allowed to get excited about the 160's even if you do bounce later. Congrats.
- Hope your weigh-in went well today. [Thanks for adding "Ellipticating" to my vocabulary.
day 13 Overcome Cravings
what are you thinking?
The following are typical sabotaging thoughts with helpful responses. Make Response Cards for any you think apply to you.
Sabotaging Thought: I know myself. The next time I have a craving I won't want to control myself.
Helpful Response: That's probably true. But I can keep reminding myself that I don't want to be at the mercy of my cravings forever. To get rid of them, I'm always going to have to do one of two things: either give in and eat and never lose the weight I want or use the anti-craving techniques so often that I just won't have many cravings anymore. Once I find out these techniques really work, I'll be able to wait out my cravings so much more easily. I'll be glad when I get to the point where I don't have to be worried when I go to a party or eat out. I'll know for sure that I can tolerate these urges.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 133.