View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm reminded of an episode of Mad Men in season 1. The ladies were all sitting around gossiping about the divorced woman that moved in down the street. They were gossiping about how they would see her walking around the neighborhood, but couldn't figure out where she was going. They asked her and she said "I like to walk, it clears my head" and they laughed and said "but where are you going?"

Obvious this was a time before exercise and cardio was accepted but I'm wondering if you're experiencing the same thing?

So I'm a stay at home Mom and I run a business out of my home and do some freelance work that is unpredictable in terms of scheduling. The most important thing to do is to build structure into your day and that will aleviate a lot of pressure to constantly be looking for the right thing to do at the right time. Set your working hours, sure it's great to be flexible but in order to be flexible you have to have some structure first. Consider the kitchen closed for periods of time, don't go in there until lunch time.

It's great to spend your day in jammies isn't it? But I can tell you that after a while it sucks!!! Pick a point in your day where you can go for a walk and dress the part. It helps me to put on sneakers first thing in the morning, then I don't have an excuse but to go out for a walk.

I also think that if you do take the time to search it out you will find fitness activities happening where you live. Maybe try to take part in something cultural, not sure where you are but could you do a martial art related to the culture you live in? I live in NY and if I go down to the park there's a lot of Chinese people practicing chi gong or tai chi. I'm willing to bet there are people in China practicing too lol.

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote