Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 3/28/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-28-2014, 05:27 AM   #2  

Friday! TGIF!

Amber: I saw your question about cooking a whole chicken. Kinda hard to measure first b/c of the bones. I use a general rule of thumb to subtract 2 oz from cooked meat. A lot of water cooks off (yes, animals retain water too and many whole chickens are also injected by food processors). My rule came after experimenting with weighing pre/post cooking of many meals.

But veggies. I measure everything going in the pot and when it comes out so I know how much it cooked down and what my portion is.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #3  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Amber, I do the same as Lisa when I cook something for the family -measure 2 oz less for cooked meat. Works well for whole chickens & roasts

I love it when I have a meal we can share! When my meal ends up being completely different because my food needs are so very different from theirs, I feel self-conscious.I've been trying to be very mindful of what I say about this process around my daughter. She is young, so I have been telling her that I am being choosy with my foods because I want to be as healthy as possible. Also, that choosing the right foods and exercising helps my body (ie Fibro) not hurt as much. So far, she accepts it. She is active, eats an amazing variety of veggies & fruits, and is very likely to grow up with the opposite body issues that I have. (She is built like her father -long, lean, and a tendency to be underweight). I so hope that she does grow to hate her body shape, that she can love and appreciate what her body can do. Deep thoughts for a Friday -sorry! What do you tell your kids about the IP program?

The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Tgif!

Happy Friday!!

Weigh in this morning....down 2.8!!

I was so occupied this week with life/dog/job that I hardly thought about food at all. Only when my stomach would start to ache, I'd realize "oh yeah, it'e time to eat." For so long, I have been eating out of boredom, sadness, celebration, etc that I almost forgot what HUNGER felt like! Crazy!

Also, very excited...tomorrow is my cousin's wedding. I'm down almost 15 pounds and I cannot wait to wear a sexy dress and dance with my family feeling confident!

Last edited by sunflwr816; 03-28-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 03-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213.8/199.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Finally made back into onederland. 7 weeks, 14 lbs. I doubt that IP would make me their poster child, but I'll take what I can get.
Have a Good Friday everyone!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbierm View Post
Finally made back into onederland. 7 weeks, 14 lbs. I doubt that IP would make me their poster child, but I'll take what I can get.
Congrats!!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

That's great!!! Congrats!!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Way to go

I made it to onederland to this week! So happy to see a number on the scale start with 1 and the 2's are gone for good.
Have a great Friday!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #9  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Friday! TGIF!

Amber: I saw your question about cooking a whole chicken. Kinda hard to measure first b/c of the bones. I use a general rule of thumb to subtract 2 oz from cooked meat. A lot of water cooks off (yes, animals retain water too and many whole chickens are also injected by food processors). My rule came after experimenting with weighing pre/post cooking of many meals.

But veggies. I measure everything going in the pot and when it comes out so I know how much it cooked down and what my portion is.
Thank you that seems like a reasonable amount to deduct. I knew I could do some experimenting, but I hardly have time! LOL
Old 03-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #10  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Amber, I do the same as Lisa when I cook something for the family -measure 2 oz less for cooked meat. Works well for whole chickens & roasts

I love it when I have a meal we can share! When my meal ends up being completely different because my food needs are so very different from theirs, I feel self-conscious.I've been trying to be very mindful of what I say about this process around my daughter. She is young, so I have been telling her that I am being choosy with my foods because I want to be as healthy as possible. Also, that choosing the right foods and exercising helps my body (ie Fibro) not hurt as much. So far, she accepts it. She is active, eats an amazing variety of veggies & fruits, and is very likely to grow up with the opposite body issues that I have. (She is built like her father -long, lean, and a tendency to be underweight). I so hope that she does grow to hate her body shape, that she can love and appreciate what her body can do. Deep thoughts for a Friday -sorry! What do you tell your kids about the IP program?

The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil
I too have young daughters, well one 15 year old who understands, she remembers me healthy and understands this isn't to be "skinny" per say. My little ones I use as cheerleaders, I told them mommy wants to be healthier and be able to play better with them. I joke with them and ask them if I can eat their food and they both go "No mommy you're on a diet" lol then we all giggle and I chase after them. They ask me about my "diet" food and I let them try lot's of things. They too are all super good eaters, we don't drink any soda or too much juice(its a treat if I let them), they love fruits and veggies, and my youngest who kind of is a carb eater is so tiny I don't think it's going to matter. I think my youngest two will have the opposite problem as well, in fact I know my youngest will, the middle is a gymnast and at not quite six she is tone, muscular, and amazingly strong. My oldest is a freshman and just made varsity soccer in a starting position. She is healthy, but she is in the most danger because she is built IDENTICAL to me and so we do talk a lot about the choices I made that got me here, but she runs 3 miles a day so I think she is going to be ok.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #11  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning all

CONGRATS to all with the amazing losses and hitting ONEderland....that is just wonderful.

Amber I get ya...I have 2 teen boys. Youngest (13) is tall and thin and thinks he can eat whatever whenever and however much he wants and he is not active. My oldest (14) is becoming more aware of what he is eating and is shorter and has been chunky up till the last year. But now on top of eating better with me he does Taekwondo and bowling. My kids and hubby are on board with me if they want carbs they go eat out lol. They even are enjoying WF with me.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Happy Friday!!

Weigh in this morning....down 2.8!!

I was so occupied this week with life/dog/job that I hardly thought about food at all. Only when my stomach would start to ache, I'd realize "oh yeah, it'e time to eat." For so long, I have been eating out of boredom, sadness, celebration, etc that I almost forgot what HUNGER felt like! Crazy!

Also, very excited...tomorrow is my cousin's wedding. I'm down almost 15 pounds and I cannot wait to wear a sexy dress and dance with my family feeling confident!

That is awesome. Dance your heart out!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #13  

Quote:
Way to go!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #14  

Default Per Current events

I'm going to consciously uncouple from my fat. That is all.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #15  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Onederland!!

Quote:
Party on!!! Buy yourself a bunch of daffodils and celebrate. This is great news.
Closed Thread