– Gym, CREDIT moi, was good because the Amped Arms and Abs
class pushed me and I couldn't do all 50 reps of all the exercises happening. Oh Well. I did better than the last time I took it. Glad I'm doing a class that's a stretch. The other seven participants were much younger with admirably fit bodies. Walk was to an evening event with DW. We walked home past two restaurants that we didn't know had appeared - both added to our list.
Food was on plan, CREDIT moi. I planned to make dinner out of the light evening reception and that worked out. I did eat at the high end of my plan. I was ready to leave and DW was deep into a conversation with a friend who happened to be there so I ate some more. That's not the preferred response to being kept waiting, but I still kept the eating to good enough.
– Neat focus, "I am trying to keep up the gym and food prep even when busy."
– Monster Kudos for "enjoying a meal with the one I love"
- what a fine appreciation of life. How can a tomato salad be terrible?
- Kudos for taking on an exercise that pushes you. Thanks for the link to Beck's discussion of Sabotaging Thoughts when attending two eating events in one evening. I particularly liked, "My wife won’t know about it, so it’s okay."
- LOL at "personal best practically every time."
I do enjoy when I'm at that stage of a new quest. That reminds me why maintenance just doesn't stroke the endorphins. [Congrats for raising a DD whose Bucket List sports one of life's true joys - swinging from a rope into a lake. (Quietly removing you from the invitation list to my next Bucket List recital.)]
- Is this desk
similar to the one you're typing from? Neat insight that Beck seems to emphasize the "Solving" more so than the "Problem".
day 13 Overcome Cravings
what are you thinking?
The following are typical sabotaging thoughts with helpful responses. Make Response Cards for any you think apply to you.
Sabotaging Thought: The next time I have a craving, I won’t be able to tolerate it.
Helpful Response: I couldn't tolerate cravings in the past, but now I have lots of anti-craving techniques that I can use, which will make the craving to away. Besides, the discomfort of cravings is mild compared to the discomfort I felt when _________________. I tolerated that, and I can certainly tolerate cravings.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 133.