View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #503
Larry H

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

On plan today. Fiber One and skim milk for breakfast, Cici's Pizza at lunch including anchovies because of Ian Dinner was beans and frank's DW request. I diluted mine with a lot of salsa to lower the calorie density.

I have not been posting a lot recently because I have been working hard on my vegetable garden. I built a new 4 foot wide by 8 foot long by 2 feet high raised bed. It is a combination of hugelkultur http://www.richsoil.com/hugelkultur/ and Square Foot Gardening. I also built a fence to keep the critters out and I made it big enough for another 4 X 8 raised bed that I want to add in the future I also make five gallon self watering containers. so far I have planted Radishes, Yellow Onions, Bibb Lettuce, Leaf Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Beets, Cilantro, Eggplant, Georgia Collards, Green Beans, Wax Beans, Jalapeno Peppers, Big Jim Peppers, Cubanelle Peppers, Grape Tomatoes and Slicing Tomatoes.

Here are a couple of pictures. Hugelkultur is a method of composting wood and in one picture you can see there is a lot of wood in the raised bed which is now covered with Miracle Grow Potting Mix..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bed with wood.JPG (92.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Finished.JPG (87.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Larry H : 03-27-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote