UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #1  

Default Is there anyone out there struggling with Slimming World?

Hey guys! I've been to so many different diet clubs, and tried to go it alone, with varied success for years and years now. I've tried Slimming World twice before and am now on my 3rd run.

I've heard so many success stories. So many people saying "SW is the best. I couldn't lose weight at all but on SW I lost stones!" But is there anyone out there like me? I struggle to lose. I lose a pound a week for a few weeks, then put on! And I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I do follow the plan every week but I just keep going up and down.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or has anyone had it in the past and overcome it? How? Thanks
StrugglingSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5 ' 6 ''

You are not alone!!!!!
I have been up and down most of my adult life. I did start WW a few years back and did fantastic. I lost 98 lbs and kept it off until last year, I started to gain. Know I must get back on track and it is so hard. I just can't seem to get it together. I go great for a day or two and then i hear that candy bar screaming my name. Oh lordy lordy, I need strength. I joing this web page today in hope of finding someone that will give me support.
Lucy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrugglingSlim View Post
Hey guys! I've been to so many different diet clubs, and tried to go it alone, with varied success for years and years now. I've tried Slimming World twice before and am now on my 3rd run.

I've heard so many success stories. So many people saying "SW is the best. I couldn't lose weight at all but on SW I lost stones!" But is there anyone out there like me? I struggle to lose. I lose a pound a week for a few weeks, then put on! And I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I do follow the plan every week but I just keep going up and down.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or has anyone had it in the past and overcome it? How? Thanks
Not in the UK so don't know SW but have heard a lot about it. I am just wondering if carbs are controlled on it? That seems to be a problem for some of us. I can follow programs like WW and Richard Simmons perfectly but will gain several pounds a month. Those balanced plans don't work for me, I need lower carbs.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/268/140

Height: 5ft6in

I have been on SW and am just about to leave as its not for me. I really struggle with the syns as the SW lady said because of my weight I should have more syns than they recommend..... that didn't ring true for me as it was actually more than I would have had before I went there! Its different for every one and SW obviously wasn't for me. I am doing soooo much better on my own now. The only benefit I saw was the support you got from the group which I found very motivating.
Crazziemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:54 AM   #5  

Default me too.........

your not the only one x
I tried sw.... but the weight loss was so slow... have just switched on Wednesday to the new Atkins and am eating so well, drinking more fluids than ever, eating more veg and losing weight!
much happier..Atkins has had a lot of bad press but the new book is great,
tjamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138.6/122.4/120

Height: 5ft 5"

iv tried slimming world 3 times and gained weight everytime-there was one time i did it same time as my mum and lost 1stone in a month and i gained 1/2 stone in 4weeks-i gave it that long to see if weight started to come off bu never did-i put it down to me bein type 1 diabetic but if it worked 4me i think its one of the best eatin plans around-especially if u like snacking etc-unfortunately 4me the only way iv managed to lose weight is lots of exercise calorie counting and low carb-on my 2nd week after starting afresh after a bad 2weeks-i have a binge eating problem-and i lost 8.6lbs in my 1st week and 1 and 1/2 inches off my waist-shame it wasnt by doin sw tho!good luck everyone :-)
LittleMissNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 243 start / 235 now/ 154 goal

Height: 167cm

I've recently started Slimming World, and am really enjoying it. Quite new to it, but like you have seen many people with amazing results.

If I were you, and struggling, then I would have a chat with the group leader and log what you are eating in a food diary to see where it might be going wrong.

If you do Extra Easy Plan are you making sure you are having a third of the super free foods on your plate at mealtimes for instance. I find that having lots more fresh superfree veg with all my meals is filling me up, so although potatoes, rice, pasta etc are free foods, I am still having a lot less of them, same with meat, eggs etc.

Also, like other people say perhaps it isn't the diet that suits you. I personally can't do WW, I just find it a bit too restrictive and I actually end up cooking less fresh meals than I usually do.

Hope that helps, best of luck.
MarieDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissNiki View Post
iv tried slimming world 3 times and gained weight everytime-there was one time i did it same time as my mum and lost 1stone in a month and i gained 1/2 stone in 4weeks-i gave it that long to see if weight started to come off bu never did-i put it down to me bein type 1 diabetic but if it worked 4me i think its one of the best eatin plans around-especially if u like snacking etc-unfortunately 4me the only way iv managed to lose weight is lots of exercise calorie counting and low carb-on my 2nd week after starting afresh after a bad 2weeks-i have a binge eating problem-and i lost 8.6lbs in my 1st week and 1 and 1/2 inches off my waist-shame it wasnt by doin sw tho!good luck everyone :-)
Hi, thanks so much for your reply! I haven't been on here in a while, family issues, but I've just been diagnosed with diabetes . I was wondering if you followed any particular plan to lose weight, or just did it by yourself? I'm not a big snacker, but my weakness is bread and cheese, which I now find myself having to cut out for more than just the one reason of losing weight! Hopefully I can start again now and maybe be a bit more successful this time
Old 03-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjamy View Post
your not the only one x
I tried sw.... but the weight loss was so slow... have just switched on Wednesday to the new Atkins and am eating so well, drinking more fluids than ever, eating more veg and losing weight!
much happier..Atkins has had a lot of bad press but the new book is great,
Hey! Thanks so much for the reply. How is Atkins working out for you? It has received quite a lot of negative press, especially with regards to keeping the weight off. What does Atkins involve? Do you find it easy to follow? Hopefully I can find something that'll work for me a little better!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #10  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

I know for a fact SW would not be the diet for me. my body doesn't do well with carbs and I tend to gain weight rather rapidly with such a restriction less diet. I am currently on the Cambridge and I am loving it. although its less than 500cals a day and 4pints of fluid min its the best thing I've ever done. I've lost more than 2 stone in the time I've been on it and will most likely stick to it to lose another stone.

My sister in law however has lost pound and pounds to SW and swears by it, so it seems that your body picks the diet!

xxxSorrowxxx
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I also do SW but in my case it really works - admittedly I follow the older red/green plans. I do best on red as on green I have a tendency to go mad, eat tons of apsta and then feel like **** afterwards as my body hates carbs.

Dont get the group leader telling you to eat MORE than 15 syns - sounds mad and maybe you just need a different group. I've been to two and one was terrible with a leader who couldn't motivate her way out of a paper bag and another who was just brilliant.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:17 AM   #12  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

What I find with slimming world is that it promotes eating a lot - just of the good things. And found that if I followed the SW recipes but also made sure I didn't overeat I had much better success.

But I also found when I did follow SW that I got lazy at measuring and actually had more than I should.
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:03 AM   #13  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

I did SW for 2 years and lost just under 6st. the thing is with it to do it correctly is a ball ache. its essentially a masked low cal diet. you stuff yourself with low calorie foods until can't eat any more and feel full. I put my daily food into a log and it came out at 1500cal a day. I also dont' like the way it promotes chemicals over food. sweeteners/frylight (read the ingredients on that stuff!)

If you are strict you can succeed on it. but even the slightest variation from the plan and your screwed.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #14  

It's interesting how even though several people have said that they lost a lot of weight with SW, it seems that it is not the diet they are on at the moment. I am finally realizing that losing weight is one thing, but keeping it off is another and am looking for a weight loss program that is realistic in the long term
Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #15  

Hi folks
I sympathise with you
I am in my 4th week at slimming world
Very frustrated! it's going so slow!I think i need to switch to red days but Ive been sooooo good for a month and I dont know if I can do it any longer!
Atkins was always best for me but it doesn't work any more!!
Any ideas?
pjmslim is offline   Reply With Quote