Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 09:04 AM   #112
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Trish, I hope you're feeling better. We don't eat Long John Silvers very often, but when we do I usually get the chicken. I eat that and cole slaw. My husband gets the fish with corn. Then he eats my french fries and give me his cole slaw because he doesn't like it. I eat one hushpuppy and throw the rest away.

I think you should just stick with what you're doing. It seems to be working well for you. I think your fiber count is a good thing, and you wouldn't get that on Atkins. You can always cut back a little on your carbs if you stall. I am not following any actual plan. I am eating what I like, except for sugar and starchy carbs, and my weight is dropping just like it does during induction. I am down 2 more lbs this morning. I am not so foolish to think that I'm not going to stall after this initial whoosh, but seeing that number drop on the scale is keeping me motivated.

I see that you use a recumbent bike. I have had 2 regular bikes and had to get rid of both of them because they bothered my back. I think a recumbent bike would work for me, but DH doesn't want me to get one unless I get rid of another piece of equipment, and right now, I like and use all my equipment. I have this one thing called a Body Glide that he makes fun of, but I like it. It strengthens my thighs. It resembles a bike. You sit on it with your feet on the pedals and hands on the handlebars. When you push with your feet, your arms come toward you. It uses your body weight, which I have plenty of. It's from back in the 80's. I don't think they even make them anymore. I can really feel it in my thighs when I use it.

Rennie, I have not made the Oopsie Bread yet, but I bought the cream cheese for it. I saw a recipe yesterday that looked really good to me. It was little muffins you make for breakfast using eggs, milk, cheese, veggies and whole grain bread cubes. I want to substitute the Oopsie Bread and try it out.

Also, in her cookbook, Dana Carpender has some recipes for low carb bread made in a bread machine. I have a bread machine sitting here collecting dust. I might try some of these recipes. But this will all be after I've seen the doctor and improved my blood sugar. Right now this low carb is working so well for me I don't want to screw it up.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy : 03-27-2014 at 09:05 AM.