View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #48
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

WOW! So great to see so many of you signing up for this challenge! Huge shout out to amandie for being a super star and helping me with the spreadsheet this year. She be an excel wizard I tell ye!

So a little bit about me and where I'm at right now. Please feel free to introduce yourselves and tell us your goals for this challenge!
  • I'm 24 years old, but I'll be 25 in a few weeks. I really don't want to spend the rest of my twenties overweight and unhappy.
  • I live in Japan and have been an English teacher for the past year and a half. I was suddenly fired for complete BS reasons at the end of January. I left at the end of February with my head held high knowing I was a great teacher, loved by kids, parents and staff. Currently I'm not looking for other work, I intended on leaving Japan regardless in September so I'm spending the time finding out what makes me happy.
  • I'm currently 165 lbs (ish, haven't weighed in a while!). However before I came to Japan I managed to reach 149 lbs (the lightest I've ever been in adult life). Having gained back all that weight has been the source of great disappointment that I've worked hard to overcome. I still get twangs of annoyance at myself, but ultimately I'm working hard to recapture the routine I was in when I got to 149 lbs and head straight to my goal weight of 130 lbs. Slowly but surely!
  • I'm not a big dieter and I struggle when I'm eating out/snacking here and there with other people. So I need to learn to slow down when I eat out and not just go crazy just because I'm out with friends!
  • Exercise wise I'm getting back into running, one of my passions! I've done 3 10K races, one in December 2013 that I actually did surprisingly well in considering I didn't train very hard. I'm going back to basics and doing a 5K training program just to ease myself back into the game and gain my confidence.
  • For this challenge I want to lose 15 lbs for the 15 weeks this challenge runs. I like losing weight slowly so 1 lb a week is a challenging goal. I've never actually reached my goal in any of my challenges (despite running them!) so I want to make sure this year I can get into the top 5!
  • I want to lose weight to feel confident in my body, to feel like I can put on jeans and a t-shirt and still feel sexy. I've never been thin, I've always been overweight (got a tiny taste of being a normal BMI at 149 lbs but that went away!) so I want to stop making excuses and wasting time being unhappy with my body and make the change to be healthier and happier!

That's it from me! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Last edited by Riestrella : 03-27-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote