View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #21
paperclippy
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/postpartum/135

Height: 5'4"

Good news, my lab tests came back normal! Phew. One less thing to worry about.

Megan, I don't know yet how many meetings I'll be stuck in long-term on this project. We're coming late to the game and there's a lot of pressure on our team right now to do things quickly for a deadline in a couple weeks. Once that is done it should ease up some.

Babies are going to a playdate with our twins club today. They've gone to the library with DH for baby storytime before but this is their first time going to another person's house for a playdate, and DH is a little nervous. I think mostly because our twins club, while it is currently open to men and women, started out as a "mothers of multiples" club, and still most of the at-home parents are mothers. He's just concerned they'll think it's weird to have a guy there. I know the woman hosting it though and she is the friendliest person ever so I can't imagine that they wouldn't be welcoming to him! She personally invited him to come in any case. I hope they have fun!

Jen, my husband and I are trying to follow in the path of his grandparents -- a big exciting vacation for every 5 years of marriage. We took our honeymoon in Australia and for our 5 year anniversary we went to the UK. Our 10 year will probably be much more tame as we will have two little kids to bring with us. I'm thinking a cruise might be a good option since it is pretty affordable and some of them are very family-friendly, plus at least the Caribbean cruises leave from Florida which is only a 3-hour plane trip from here and we can get nonstop flights.