View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 06:08 AM   #242
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Not a particularly productive day. Oh Well. I did reach out: I'd picked up a coffee table book of local black-and-white photographs from the library. After a quick read, I realized that a friend who does similar photography might enjoy this. Then realized that I know him to patronize our same library. So, after a few emails I dropped the book by his house; he'll return it to the library. Slightly expanded walk, CREDIT moi, with a chance to solicit his help planning a basement fusion reactor to avoid infrequent but annoying power failures. Don't tell anyone - you probably need a permit or something.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, with no serious challenges. It's still colder than matches my notion of March while our to-be-planted-on-Saint-Patrick's-Day peas just sit here. Cape Cod had a real blizzard - albeit with little snow, just high wind misery. We escaped.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Yay for "zero-calorie distractions that work."

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) Congrats for "down 2.4 pounds and steady as she goes hopefully." Kudos for getting your eating plan clear.

maryann - Kudos for pulling off the "Kitchen is closed at 6:00" strategy. Thanks for the excuse to go read Yeats, The Second Coming,
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
nationalparker You're doing well with a bunch on your plate right now. It's a good time to be sure you're avoiding judging yourself. Big Ouch for unwanted tensions at work - especially from the very folks designated to be supportive. Kudos for having "a voucher from an auction" which, in my world, means you made a contribution to some fund raiser you believe in.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Just what I needed to hear today, "the changes I'm making I can live with long term."

6crowsgold - I feel the energy of your "snazzy Elliptical Tech Desk" while reading your post. Kudos for planning and executing that.

ladynredd - Thanks for bringing Jackie O. into the conversation. Feel free to join us here.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

Anti-Craving Strategies

As you follow your diet plan and tolerate craving after craving, you'll find that cravings definitely diminish. You won't have to do battle whenever you see your favorite foods. it'll be such a relief to know that you can resist foods you haven't planned to eat, even if the urge to eat is strong.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 133.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 11 months