Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #110
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

All the cardiologist did was schedule an echocardiogram for over the summer. He did not request labs, so I will have my PCP do them when I see him on Friday. I don't want both of them doing them, but I want them done. It's been over a year.

My BP was up, but I convinced him it was white coat hypertension, so no change in my meds.

I was so happy to see that 4 lb whoosh this morning I put my ticker back up. I am finally sticking to low carb for more than one day.

Trish, I read more of the Flat Belly book last night and you're right...to many carbs. I did like the idea of the Sassy Water, something different, and I liked the idea of three 400 calorie meals and 400 cals of snacks to use throughout the day. They DID give menus you were to follow for each meal and I don't like that. I like to pick my own foods. They recommended a lot of oatmeal which I already decided was only for once in a while for me. I think I will stick with what I've been doing the past few days, because it's working. I have cut out most starchy carbs. I had 1 spoonful of ramen noodles when DH was eating them, and 1 slice off a baked potato at dinner yesterday. Otherwise, it has been protein and veggies. I am getting a slight headache from the carb withdrawal, but I know that will go away. I have been exercising while watching my soaps, and also walking on the treadmill for 15 min after dinner. I feel great. I am optimistic about this. The tide has turned!