Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #110
Wannabehealthy
Happy to be healthy!

S/C/G: 217/ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

All the cardiologist did was schedule an echocardiogram for over the summer. He did not request labs, so I will have my PCP do them when I see him on Friday. I don't want both of them doing them, but I want them done. It's been over a year.

My BP was up, but I convinced him it was white coat hypertension, so no change in my meds.

I was so happy to see that 4 lb whoosh this morning I put my ticker back up. I am finally sticking to low carb for more than one day.

Trish, I read more of the Flat Belly book last night and you're right...to many carbs. I did like the idea of the Sassy Water, something different, and I liked the idea of three 400 calorie meals and 400 cals of snacks to use throughout the day. They DID give menus you were to follow for each meal and I don't like that. I like to pick my own foods. They recommended a lot of oatmeal which I already decided was only for once in a while for me. I think I will stick with what I've been doing the past few days, because it's working. I have cut out most starchy carbs. I had 1 spoonful of ramen noodles when DH was eating them, and 1 slice off a baked potato at dinner yesterday. Otherwise, it has been protein and veggies. I am getting a slight headache from the carb withdrawal, but I know that will go away. I have been exercising while watching my soaps, and also walking on the treadmill for 15 min after dinner. I feel great. I am optimistic about this. The tide has turned!

"Whatever your goal, you can get there as long as you are willing to be honest with yourself about the preparation and the work involved."...Oprah Winfrey

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending...Carl Bard