View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #220
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day ladies,

I went to the chair/office yoga class last night, and it was good. We did the following:
  • Seated Neck Rolls
  • Seated Mountain Pose
  • Seated Half Moon
  • Seated Cat/Cow
  • Seated Forward Bend with legs wide so we could increase the gentle stretch
  • A modified Downward Dog with forearms resting on a chair
  • Then we stood up and did the triangle pose
  • Finally we did the seated pidgeon pose

Most of these can be found online. I really like my teacher...she always checks everyone's form, suggests modifications and wants us to stop the posture and let her know if we feel pain so that she can help us. For example, the triangle pose she demonstrated had the arm that goes down resting on the chair, but that tweaked my back in a funny way, so I just placed it on the inside of my knee and didn't use the chair at all for that posture.

For some reason, I'm feeling a little queasy today...so I may skip the gym and go home to relax. I'm planning on trying out another new yoga class tomorrow.

============================
Happy - Not only is pain a great motivator, so is wanting to be able to hike and be more active. I have bad posture too when I'm not thinking about it. It's only when I realize that I'm slouching that I sit up properly and engage my core. I need to get better at doing that more unconsciously. So do the exercises to reset your crystals work? Or do you have to go into the PT?

Ceejay - I'm so sorry you had such a rough day at work. I hope you were able to relax once you finally got home and that today will be better.

Susie - Good that you'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief once the director is on vacay. How many more days until he leaves?

Terra - Good idea that Happy had to track mileage. You can set a goal like how long will it take you to walk to San Francisco...or New York City...or wherever.

Pattience - I haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned, but I am interested in seeing 12 Years a Slave and the Dallas Buyers Club. I had to google what a prostration is (this is what I found: http://www.yowangdu.com/tibetan-budd...strations.html). I can see where you could burn some calories with all that getting up and down. Most of my tops are loose fitting knit. I don't have to cover my bum...but if they do, that's a bonus..I like them to cover my tummy Or at least come down a couple inches below my waist. I normally wear short-sleeves year around because I'm usually too warm in the office for long sleeves or sweaters. When my arms get more tone, I might wear sleeveless tops outside of work. But really I prefer short-sleeved. I don't think any of my tops are gathered. A few have bust darts, and I've got a couple that are empire waisted. On the weekends, I normally wear t-shirts. My yoga teacher teaches Kripalu yoga, and I've done Hatha yoga before. I enjoy them both. I've heard that Iyengar yoga and Bikram yoga are more intense...I am not ready for either of those (yet).

Annie - Glad you had a nice lunch with your friends. And so fortunate that your son can fix your bathtub drains. Your phone interview tomorrow sounds like a great position. I think you'd be great doing something like that. I'm sending you lots of prayers, positive energy and love. I prefer Dannon Light & Fit No Fat Greek Yogurt to Chobani. I like the Strawberry, Blueberry and Raspberry flavors.

Laura - Congrats on the weight loss. So sorry to hear about the incident with Coal and the TV installer. I don't think I'd leave a stranger in my house alone with my dog. I don't even like leaving Santa with my roommates other than D. I just get too nervous that they'll leave a door open or not watch him closely enough and he'd get into something. I'm glad that the installer was willing to let it slide. I don't remember Coal being nippy when Annie and I were at your place...but maybe you did the treat thing or I just wasn't very observant. I'm so glad you like the new TV and that you don't need a lower height cabinet!

Well, my task for today is to figure out why the website isn't sending e-mails when people fill out forms. It's okay though....deep breath....I'll have it figured out by this afternoon.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote