View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #37
levoguette

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicus View Post
levoguette - I'm the same. I often end up weighing myself every day, although I give myself the whole week to see if the weight loss (or gain ) sticks. I'm not sure whether I should be weighing myself every day though! Its just so tempting when I'm in the bathroom...

I also love baking (and coking in general) and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of healthy things to make. I'm thinking of trying to make different bread varieties when the baking mood strikes me rather than something sweet and tempting. Any other suggestions?
Ive been told by many many people I shouldn't weigh every day, but I personally think when you are trying to figure out your diet it can help a lot. You can kind of monitor what makes you bloat more or less. (I started noticing on days I ate white wheat, I have an increase of 1-2lbs the next day, which then helped me to better access what works for my body and what doesn't.)
Just don't let a gain one day get you in a rut or anything like that!

I dont have any specific recommendations but I LOVE pinterest for finding healthy recipes!
If you haven't used it before, it's basically like having an online bulletin board where you can "pin" things to. You can search for other member's boards that have made boards for recipes for special dietary needs and then you can make a board dedicated to recipes you might want to try.
I also like recommending Taralynn's blog. I think it was called undressedskeleton, although she may have gotten a new website recently. I've mostly been following her on instagram lately, used to follow her blog. She seems to have really good ideas for baking and cooking healthy and I remember she used to have a long list of recipes on her blog!

levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote