View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #221
JenteIsving

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post

Anyone have any common diet advice they ignore?

I have one. You know how everyone says that if you really chew your food and eat slowly that you'll get fuller faster and be less hungry? Well, that doesn't work for me. I tried it and every time I was hungrier faster. And I enjoyed my meals less (not much flavor after you've chewed the crap out of the food).

I do fine if I eat at a slower pace (like 20 minutes for a medium meal), but the super chewing thing doesn't help me at all.
Ha! Same here! I tried that "chewing trick" in the past, I chewed every bite about 30 times (if I recall correctly, that was the number "everyone" told me about), but... I don't know, it just didn't work for me. Like you said, I enjoyed my meals less and truth be told, it kind of made eating stressful for me (wow, that sounds silly). So yeah, not my thing I guess.

The slower pace, though, and "staying in the moment" while eating (turns out that used to be a problem for me), those seem to work fine for me, so that's what I've been trying to do on this journey. And I'm pretty sure I subconsciously chew my food more often in the process, so maybe it's just the conscious effort part that doesn't work out for me? I don't know.

By the way, congrats on your NSV of "overeating only a little bit"!
I'm the same as you when it comes to takeout, so I'd totally count that as an NSV! After all, it is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by JenteIsving; 03-26-2014 at 10:55 AM.