Thread: Fiber Counting?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 06:59 AM   #187
Pattience
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Trish, good job with the exercise.

Sluggo, thanks for clarifying. I suppose you mean its a packet recipe. We don't have that here. i never really know what people mean by half the foods they mention because we have different ones in Australia. I tend to assume that foods i don't know must be out of a packet though.

What i do for pasta is spaghetti - its really my favourite by a along shot. I like a fairly thin spaghetti. I don't buy fibre pasta because i get plenty of pasta from everything else. - Anyway i used to do other things but my lazy way now is to buy a jar of pasta sauce, only ever the tomato sauce varieties. I would never buy a white one. If i am really lazy i will just use 1/2 cup of tomato and toss the cooked spaghetti in it at the end. But usually i prefer to sauté or steam some vegies first and then add that into the toss with the sauce and cooked spaghetti. I usually but not always add about 1 tbsp of finely grated parmesan cheese. I always use ground black pepper and if i was need oil, olive oil is my oil of choice.

Mushrooms are a good vegie downs this way. I can sauté them in 1tsp of oil. Or i might add broccoli or zucchini. It makes the whole meal go further for very few extra calories but plenty of good extra nutrition.

Today i was in the city for lunch and dinner. I enjoyed a vietnamese meal of chick with rice noodles and 1/2 cop of salad. and later in the afternoon, i had a korean thing which had alfalfa sprouts a raw egg and fish eggs and rice. Very tasty. I was famished by 5pm so i had dinner there, did one more job and then drove home. i've had a glass of wine but don't feel the need of any more dinner. I'm tired though and hope to go to bed early.

Last edited by Pattience : 03-26-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote