View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #85
BigChiefHoho

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

W4d1 done and hoooooooooly crap that was hard! I am super proud of myself fot getting it done, but dang, boys and girls, that was not much fun at all. The whole distance-instead-of-time thing is starting to catch up to me, I think, because I wound up doing two 3-minute run segments, one 6-minute one, and one 7-minute one (because I had to slow down). I finished it, but I'm already thinking I might have to repeat this week. (even though that would make me not match up with magicsusan anymore! that would suck; I always come on here to read your report before I go do mine)

AwShucks, it drives me nuts that it assumes we're all running 10-minute miles! I am SO much slower than that. I think when I get up to doing the full 5k it's going to be more like 45 minutes than 30.

noshoes, silly question, but do you actually run barefoot? I use minimalist shoes (New Balance Minimus), but the rocks hurt my feet way too much to go shoeless outside.

Silverfire, personally I don't think that elliptical running translates well to running-running. The motion is a lot different (kind of awkward, in my opinion, but I know a lot of people who like it). It'd probably still be great for burning calories and keeping your cardio fitness up while you heal up, though.

Former maintainer, now losing again in 2014 after my second baby.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote