View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
pacificredhawk

Default Hello everyone (need help, kinda stuck in a rut).

Hello everyone,

Here is my situation. I will be 30 in a couple weeks. I am 5'10.5 (to be exact) and about 180-185 lbs (changes every couple weeks), male. I could lose 10-15 lbs. I am fairly active, but nothing to great. Diabetes runs heavily in both sides of my family.

Ever since I was about 16, I remember that after eating a dinner at a restaurant, I would get really sleepy (I had one friend that would make fun of me for it). That continued to happen until I started heavily cutting back on the amounts of high glycemic foods I was eating. However, after a good sized dinner with any type of tortillas, rice, or other starchy food, I get sluggish and feel 'thick'. I have had a fasting diabetes check from an MD and it came back clear. However, I don't know how that helps when I am fasting, since my problem is once I eat. I also urinate a lot and drink a lot of water. The reason I want to get this figured out is because I am not a good father when my blood sugar gets too high. I get irritable, anxious sometimes, and my OCD cranks up. I just want to be left alone.

I know about the glycemic index and started taking 1/2 tsp of cinnamon today to regulate my blood sugar. I am open to any suggestions and how to cut down carb cravings (especially once I start eating), stop eating so much, and how not to be hungry (I have a pretty big appetite and get really cranky if I don't eat a lot of protein every 2.5-3 hours). I think the whole getting super hungry really fast kills my eating habits. I get this metallic taste in my mouth when I go to long without eating and can become disoriented.

Thanks
pacificredhawk is offline   Reply With Quote