View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #230
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

It is a beautiful sun shiny day today. A little bit chilly, but it is supposed to warm up later.

It was a pretty nice day yesterday ~ Maddie was pleasant and we had a nice afternoon. Got to visit with DD Sara (Maddie's mom) for a few minutes. She brought over a sample of a crockpot meal she had cooked. She is finding the crockpot invaluable lately for having a meal all ready when she gets home from work. Maybe only a little prep left to do. Poor Corbin (grandson 16) comes home from school and is smelling that delicious food and has to wait for Mom to get home ~ LOL.

DS Jason will be stopping by today for some help from Dad with his taxes. So, I'll get a hug in

I have been having such a struggle lately ~ eating right and exercising. I know what I need to do, but lack discipline and consistence. The eating which I thought would be my hardest thing, actually turns out to be easier sometimes than the exercise. Anyway, today I did something silly, but maybe not so silly. I walked back and forth across the living room while a TV show was on for 15 minutes. Maybe it seems silly, but that is 15 minutes less that I was sitting on my rear end. Another 15 minutes, and I will have a half hour in. Probably not very impressive, but something is better than nothing.

I got my subscribed threads cleared out Donna. Thank you for the help you gave me for how to do that. So, now I have that birthday thread where I can find it. I saved some of the threads to go back and look at. It was kind of neat ~ a trip down memory lane. Seeing names of people on threads I used to write on when I first started here (2000). Some of them are actually still around. Some sadly were here for a while, then kind of disappeared. And kind of interesting to read some of my stuff from a while back ~ sort of like looking back at a diary. Reading my ups and downs, my times when I was doing well, and then times when I had to start all over again. I wonder if I will ever lick this thing, or if it will be a life long struggle.

Almost time to call Mom. So, I will get off here. Hope you all are having a nice day.

Take care

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

Last edited by glynne : 03-25-2014 at 11:00 AM.