View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #230
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good morning GG's,

It is a beautiful sun shiny day today. A little bit chilly, but it is supposed to warm up later.

It was a pretty nice day yesterday ~ Maddie was pleasant and we had a nice afternoon. Got to visit with DD Sara (Maddie's mom) for a few minutes. She brought over a sample of a crockpot meal she had cooked. She is finding the crockpot invaluable lately for having a meal all ready when she gets home from work. Maybe only a little prep left to do. Poor Corbin (grandson 16) comes home from school and is smelling that delicious food and has to wait for Mom to get home ~ LOL.

DS Jason will be stopping by today for some help from Dad with his taxes. So, I'll get a hug in

I have been having such a struggle lately ~ eating right and exercising. I know what I need to do, but lack discipline and consistence. The eating which I thought would be my hardest thing, actually turns out to be easier sometimes than the exercise. Anyway, today I did something silly, but maybe not so silly. I walked back and forth across the living room while a TV show was on for 15 minutes. Maybe it seems silly, but that is 15 minutes less that I was sitting on my rear end. Another 15 minutes, and I will have a half hour in. Probably not very impressive, but something is better than nothing.

I got my subscribed threads cleared out Donna. Thank you for the help you gave me for how to do that. So, now I have that birthday thread where I can find it. I saved some of the threads to go back and look at. It was kind of neat ~ a trip down memory lane. Seeing names of people on threads I used to write on when I first started here (2000). Some of them are actually still around. Some sadly were here for a while, then kind of disappeared. And kind of interesting to read some of my stuff from a while back ~ sort of like looking back at a diary. Reading my ups and downs, my times when I was doing well, and then times when I had to start all over again. I wonder if I will ever lick this thing, or if it will be a life long struggle.

Almost time to call Mom. So, I will get off here. Hope you all are having a nice day.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Last edited by glynne : 03-25-2014 at 11:00 AM.