Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #106
Wannabehealthy
Struggling Dieter

Trish, your son speaks the truth! I think the reason why older people become unable to get around is because they become inactive. My uncle lived to be 92 and he was still driving and getting around fine. He told me he walked every day. It's very important to our mobility.

I am also proud of you that you rode your bike even though you were tired and your body is probably glad you did. You go girl!!!

We went to the Goodwill store and I bought the book The Flat Belly Diet for $2. I don't usually read books about a specific diet because they usually don't work for me, but this one is interesting. There is a 4 day jumpstart plan. That is so much better than the 2 week induction on Atkins. This section tells you specifically what to eat and drink for 4 days. After that, you eat 3 meals a day of 400 cal each, 4 hours apart. The only thing that's a must is MUFA, or monosaturated fat. That is supposed to aim for belly fat and must be included in your meals. You also get to make a 400 cal "snack pak" of things you can snack on throughout the day based on a list of snack items and their cal count. It's not junk food, but healthy foods to snack on.

There is also this Sassy Water than you make. You make a jug of it every day to drink. It contains, ginger, cucumbers, lemons, and spearmint leaves. I'll bet you could add ACV to it, too! LOL

Once I get through this blood sugar issue, I might try this. There's no weird foods to buy, and most of the foods are things that I like. That's a big thing for me, to be able to eat things I like. I read a review online about it and it said that although there is no guarantee that everyone will lose on this diet, it is healthy, and aimed at reducing bloat and fat around the middle. That's where I need help. Do you believe my waist measurement is the same as my hip measurement? That happened after my two abdominal surgeries and they destroyed my abdominal muscles, but there is fat there, too. I always say I'm shaped like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. LOL

Rennie, so you wanted to be on insulin. I guess once you get used to using it, it's OK, but it scary to me. One young woman at work developed gestational diabetes and has been on an insulin pump ever since.