View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It's great that you were able to sit with that urge, sometimes we call that surfing the urge. Doing IE I've learned more and more to follow my cues rather than ignore them because in my case they do come back with a vengeance. A binge can be hard to control, I know! And sometimes the best I can do is to just eat what I want uncontrollably. Sometimes when I'm being kinder to myself I allow myself to eat what I want on the condition that I eat it mindfully. My binges have gone way way down honestly since employing IE techniques and overall I feel like I'm making progress. It's the anxiety that gets to me ultimately so I'm addressing that too.

In reading your post I read some very destructive thoughts and recognized them as I've had them myself. I'm not sure which you think are good and which you're having a chuckle at but I think the following list of phrases is not something we should be saying to our enemies let alone ourselves. The bulk of my mental focus is spent on trying to counter these types of thoughts:

"a strict clean eating diet"
"very strict eating schedules"
'a rigorous exercise schedule"
"keep me accountable"
"motivate me to stick to the plan"
"so I would be forced to"

When you pick and choose these out it sounds like you're talking about rehabilitating a criminal, doesn't it?

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote