Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #105
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/216.4/135

Height: 5'2'

I usually exercise on the recumbent bike after lunch when I'm through cleaning up the dishes. Today, I made the mistake of watching a couple of movies with DH and suddenly realized it was after six and I hadn't done anything especially the bike. I was so exhausted, but I needed to ride it. I folded some clothes that I didn't fold yesterday while trying to trying to tell myself that I really needed to do it, however, in reality I wanted to take a nap. I am so proud of myself tonight because I not only decided to ride it and did 4.5 miles in 40 minutes. I was so tempted to go 5 miles &/or 45 minutes, but I have to build up to it because of my knees. I am going to make it my goal to do 45 minutes on the bike and once I reach that I will continue riding 45 minutes 3 - 4 days a week.

I was talking to my oldest son (who has become my cheerleader) Saturday when I rode 4 miles. I wasn't sure I could do the 4 miles, but he told me I could and cheered me on. Then when I did it, he said, "Mama, I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself too. Do you realize that there aren't many people your age who can do that?" Sure made me feel so good. I just had to share this with y'all.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!