View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #522
CindySunshine

Well what I did and I had been tracking calories was I just sort of picked meals I really liked and ate enough of them to be satisfied and quit adding it up. Think about your exercise and what is reasonable, sustainable, and enjoyable and start to transition.

There are loads of great books that give advice there are different challenges depending where you are when you start. If you read the intuitive eating threads there is lots of good advice. My staple book was Intuition Eating By Tribole and Resch. If you haven't already done so it might help to read one of them. There is another new one by Josie Spinardi something like Thin Side Out have your cake and fit in your skinny jeans that acknowledges the desire to be trim while being intuitive. I read a sample of that one on kindle it has been well received. Or there is plenty to read for free on the internet.

But you need to get to eating enough to sustain you and get your body to trust you call it 1800 calories or so to start and edge you up from your restricting. After that I think it's best to eat enough at a meal so you go from hungry to satisfied and then wait til you are hungry again without too much grazing or snacking, but you may be fine with snacks. You just need to find what works for you.

As long as you like healthy things eat them and enjoy them, but if you have a craving for something eat it you get to fuel your body every day and it doesn't need to be the same.

I wish you success and peace with food!