View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #37
Munchy

S/C/G: 129/130.4/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You probably didn't eat much more than a thousand calories yesterday. I would be miserable and binging if I ate that little, too. To lose weight you've gotta get a long term mindset on. You can't just punish yourself by restricting calories. You're going to hate yourself and be miserable.

Food is a delicious and pleasurable experience. It's meant to be that way. It shouldn't consume your life, though. I used to binge all the time, too. When it comes down to it it's not that pleasurable of an experience. I was wolfing food down so fast I could barely taste it. How is that enjoying food?

When you've got a lot of weight to lose and your beliefs about food are all messed up you have to take baby steps. Don't suddenly cut your calories down so low that even a 120 pound woman would be hungry! Be kind to yourself. Instead of counting calories at first why don't you just eat your normal foods and try to stop eating when you are just full?

Long term sustainable weightloss is about changing habits and "tweaking". It's not about gigantic changes that will leave you hungry and miserable.
I agree with this. At first, just cut your normal meals down a bit and see if you lose any weight. Chances are, if you shave off just a little bit everyday, you could lose a pound or two per week. I'd assume that you could eat much closer to 1800 calories.

Here is an example of how much food it can be. No need to starve yourself - this isn't torture, it's just a series of little changes that become second nature after time.

You are never stuck - everyday is a new day, and you can get to where you want to be.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote