View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #79
Elladorine
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

I got through W2D1 just fine on Saturday, and am looking forward accomplishing W2D2 tonight. I'd sort of like to switch to doing this early in the morning instead of at night, but my sleep is still a bit unreliable because of the baby and I'm much more tired when I wake up than in the evenings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefHoho View Post
EllaDorine, I had the same experience as Magicsusan with the weight loss. Whenever I start a new exercise program, I get a big stall (or even sometimes a 2-3 pound gain), then it all whooshes off in a couple weeks. It's really annoying, but it's just water retention caused by the new muscle use. Congrats on finishing week one!
Thanks! I'm a little anxious for some kind of woosh, mostly because I'm so, so close to 199! But if I had the choice between a smaller number on the scale and a smaller pair of jeans, I'll take the jeans any day. I'm definitely noticing a difference in my body, regardless of what the scale says, and I absolutely love the direction I'm going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafadhali View Post
For all of you earlier in the program, keep going! The first few weeks are the hardest. I know it doesn't seem that could possibly be true when you look at the whole schedule written out. My son and I were talking about it on our cool down walk today and we both agreed that the longer runs feel better than the little short intervals. I'd rather do another 20+ min run than week one again. You'll be amazed by how strong you get in just a matter of a few weeks.
It's so good to hear this. I was extremely confident in starting out week 2 the day before yesterday, but I had a few moments of questioning my abilities in the middle of it. I did my best to ignore that self-doubt and managed to push through the jogging parts just fine though. Looking back, it wasn't even that hard! And I already knew going into this that I could jog for four minutes straight, so I don't know what my issue is. Regardless, I'm so looking forward to getting stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
Elladorine, I totally understand your anxiety (just check out my past posts, ) but so far, this program is really working for me! I keep surprising myself! Oh, and ditto on the weight loss. It's certainly not the only goal. It's just a pretty cool bonus
Isn't it amazing how well these small steps work? Just a little bit more each time, and before you know it you're accomplishing more than you ever thought you could! I'm amazed that I'm even running at all, given how bad off I was a few years back. I simply can't wait to prove to myself just how much I can do!

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote