Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #1  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Default Piercings/Tattoos as Rewards

How many of you are planning on using piercings and/or tattoos as rewards for your weight loss? Mine aren't rewards, per se, so much as I don't want to get them unless I feel happy with my body as is. ^^

I want to get my first tattoo, a phoenix, though I don't have a design yet, and I don't know where I want it yet. But I've wanted it forever. I also want to get my navel pierced, because as a teenager, I always saw that as the "skinny girl piercing". And if my torso looks long and lean enough that it would look good, I'd like to get my hips pierced.

Of course, not all of these at once, but... I'm getting excited about the idea! Anyone else getting tattoos/piercings as weight loss rewards?
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I am! With a tattoo I've wanted for a long time. Well, not necessarily as a reward because I will get the tattoo approximately 6 months after I've hopefully reached my final goal.. but at the same time it really is a reward because I won't get it if I haven't reached my goal by the time I'm planning the tattoo.

I'm getting a happy wolf on my forearm. I already commissioned the design and currently have the completed artwork on my wall- I stare at it every day. I also researched the shop and know the specific artist I want to do my tattoo. I expect to be at my goal in December of this year, so if I am, I'm going to go and book my appointment for July 2012. It's quite exciting!

Last edited by Horo; 08-03-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/131.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Instead of a hip "piercing" (like, a surface piercing), I would highly advise if you get something there that it be a dermal anchor/micro dermal. You can google it to find out more. With either one of those you face a chance of rejection, but more so with a surface piercing. Also, beware of clothes getting caught on either. That is a tricky spot. (I am speaking from experience...) I didnt have them on my hip but I had my nape pierced (back of my neck) and dermals near my collar bones. Can't tell you how many times I got my loofah or clothes caught on both. Haha.
nikkinouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

I use them I am saving my leg/thigh garter tattoo until I'm at goal. I got one up my calf just a month or two ago as a reward for sticking to it for so long.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I don't know what lb loss yet, but I'm planning on doing a 1/2 sleeve as a reward after my surgery. I can't wait! Ah!
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm getting my navel pierced next week. I'm not at goal yet, but I've been working hard and think I look good enough for it. Also, my daughter is getting her navel pierced at the same time. Mother-daughter bonding
nomorenachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #7  
Cuddly Veg*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinouille View Post
Instead of a hip "piercing" (like, a surface piercing), I would highly advise if you get something there that it be a dermal anchor/micro dermal. You can google it to find out more. With either one of those you face a chance of rejection, but more so with a surface piercing. Also, beware of clothes getting caught on either. That is a tricky spot. (I am speaking from experience...) I didnt have them on my hip but I had my nape pierced (back of my neck) and dermals near my collar bones. Can't tell you how many times I got my loofah or clothes caught on both. Haha.
Yeah, I was afraid of the rejection issue, so I might just hold back altogether. That one I'm less sure of than the navel and tattoo, haha.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I got a tattoo to celebrate 3 years of maintenance...this was right after I got it, so excuse the redness! I don't have any current photos...should take one:

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #9  
Cuddly Veg*n

Wow, that's beautiful!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you! It's my little musical theater geek tribute (Wicked - lyrics HERE) to maintenance...maintaining after three years is my own little version of defying gravity. It's right on my upper ribcage on my right side - about where a bra strap goes along your side.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/131/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorenachos View Post
I'm getting my navel pierced next week. I'm not at goal yet, but I've been working hard and think I look good enough for it. Also, my daughter is getting her navel pierced at the same time. Mother-daughter bonding
Be careful with a navel piercing if you're planning on doing ab work afterwards. Mine migrated out due to doing situps too soon after. I loved my navel ring, too. I plan on trying again when I get where I want to be, but my piercer says it will like migrate out again because the skin in thinner now.
spykesfaythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

This is kind of silly, because I'm getting a tattoo lasered right now (it's on my hand/wrist which doesn't much work as I'm going into the professional job market )- but I want to get a piece down the left side of my abdomen as a final goal reward. I originally wanted it to be "Starry Starry Night" by Van Gogh, but now I'm replacing one on my ankle with that, so I'm not sure what the design will be yet. Well, I have a year + to decide!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

I am totally planning on tattoos as weight loss rewards! My brother is helping me design one for my left bicep, and I want to have a zombie pin up on my thigh, as well as sugar skulls on my collarbone
SpangleMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 156/see ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykesfaythe View Post
Be careful with a navel piercing if you're planning on doing ab work afterwards. Mine migrated out due to doing situps too soon after. I loved my navel ring, too. I plan on trying again when I get where I want to be, but my piercer says it will like migrate out again because the skin in thinner now.
I never thought of this! How long should I wait to do ab work? I'll have to do some research and maybe postpone my piercing.
nomorenachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #15  
Cuddly Veg*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorenachos View Post
I never thought of this! How long should I wait to do ab work? I'll have to do some research and maybe postpone my piercing.
I would say at least six months, maybe even a year.