View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #224
Bobbolink
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

I'm back...had to amuse the little Yorkie for awhile. He was whining at my feet, wanted to get up on my desktop to look out the window.
Dee...Hang in there, we all have days like that.(Kind of a rough day....emotions are raging..fighting wanting to eat my ares away)

Glynne...(A little boy this time. Colin Carmichael 8 pounds 6 ounces. They live in NC, so it will probably be a while before we get to see him ~ other than pictures.) Congrats to you and family on the newest little guy.

Rosey....now I'm really getting excited about your craft room. You even have a TV in the corner, WOW! Are those Steve's green curtains? I'm not a curtain lover, my house has no curtains on any windows just because I like lots of outdoor light coming in. You do have lots of craft supplies, the shelving in the closet is a fantastic idea!

Donna...Does your insurance cover acupuncture? But if it helps with the hip pain, I guess it doesn't matter. Good article about inflammation, before I was put on meds for it, doc had me lose weight and exercise to control it. Nothing helped except for the statin meds I'm on.
When I get to Heaven, I'm going to dine on caramel sweet rolls everyday!
(There is but one answer to quieting inflammation, and that is returning to foods closer to their natural state. To build muscle, eat more protein. Choose carbohydrates that are very complex such as colorful fruits and vegetables. Cut down on or eliminate inflammation- causing omega-6 fats like corn and soybean oil and the processed foods that are made from them. )
Carol Sue, Glynne, Mary...thanks for the advice on the Kindle White. I'm going to order it as soon as my new credit card number arrives in the mail. I was scammed and had to change the number, will tell you about it some other time.
lucinda...(Yesterday I had a NSV after walking 2.5 miles to synagogue and then 2.5 miles home) I had to look to see where you're from because you walked 5 miles, New York? It must not be as cold there as Minnesota, it snowed again last night and it's still snowing now. I think it really helps when walking to have a destination, good for you.

mary... What do you mean by refreshing itself, it stops and spins?(They told me at Best Buy that the White Paper refreshes itself now and then (not sure if it's every page or not?). My iPad Kindle app does that and it's annoying to me)

Lynn...About your niece, DD & father/son. House divided and all that good stuff? Death of a loved one can bring on all kinds of stress related feelings, maybe they can get back together when life calms down.

KarenMo...thinking about you and Tim today, hope all goes well. I know you're giving Tim a positive spin on the surgery and chances of beating this since you caught it early. You have to be strong for him and I know dieting is the farthest thing in your mind. A big hug from the Golden Girls.

Time to get cleaned up and head over to the YMCA. It will be even more torture this morning since I have a migraine headache.

K3...I'm missing your humor, stories of Dash and your not-so-friendly back yard gators.

Anyone I miss? Cajun, how's it going.