Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:53 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191.6/191.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Lisa, I want to thank you for all the great information! This site has tremendously helped me to figure out the IP diet! So again, thank you for all you do!

Last edited by Janelstpe; 03-24-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191.6/191.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Week #1 -5.0 lbs and -4 1/4" YAY!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Way to go, Janelstpe!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #5  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelstpe View Post
Congratulations! The 1st WI is so exciting

I'm on spring break this week, so I thought it would be a good time to add some exercise back into my daily routine. I had a lovely brisk walk w/my sis over the weekend, and I dusted off one of my Leslie Sansome Walk at Home DVD's and did a couple of miles already this morning. According to my Fitbit, I was only "very active" for 18 minutes of those 2 miles. Sheesh -no wonder I found weight loss so slow before!

Have a lovely day everyone! I shall be at home doing my best to ignore the SNOW that fell overnight
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Janelstpe - great start! Great motivation to keep on going
Old 03-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #7  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Just had my initial consultation with IP and it went terribly. The clinic was totally disorganized. All of the paperwork they gave to me was from 2011, and I know from looking on the protocol sheets posted on this site that there is more recent information. They also gave me a supplement that is supposedly no longer used by IP as it is not FDA approved. I have a call in to the clinic to get my money back and to return my food. I have a consultation scheduled tomorrow at another clinic near by and am praying for better results.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Just had my initial consultation with IP and it went terribly. The clinic was totally disorganized. All of the paperwork they gave to me was from 2011, and I know from looking on the protocol sheets posted on this site that there is more recent information. They also gave me a supplement that is supposedly no longer used by IP as it is not FDA approved. I have a call in to the clinic to get my money back and to return my food. I have a consultation scheduled tomorrow at another clinic near by and am praying for better results.
on getting a refund and for the other clinic to be better prepared and more updated, etc. I am sorry you had to deal with that!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #9  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
on getting a refund and for the other clinic to be better prepared and more updated, etc. I am sorry you had to deal with that!
Thanks. I really hope I am able to get a refund. I have spoken with the coach from the clinic I am going to tomorrow over the phone and she sounds pretty knowledgeable.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

My clinic had a couple of days grace period so you could think about it. They do not take anyone who is not a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale of being motivated. They almost passed on me because I am fairly laid back and my motivation was more for pain relief than losing weight. I feel IP is a good anti inflammatory diet so that was my motivation. The WL is a good side effect.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
I hope you contact IP to let them know about this clinic. The only way they have of knowing that clinics aren't doing it right is if someone tells them.
Good luck tomorrow!
I learned on this site to ask tons of questions before I picked my clinic.
I'm contemplating going to another clinic if the stall doesn't break in 2 weeks. I'll be phone interviewing with a list of questions before I go ANYWHERE. Some things that were important to me early-on are not nearly as important anymore (being able to buy individual products, for example - I have quite an IP pantry!)
Old 03-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Way to go Janelstpe! I believe this diet becomes easy with that kind of motivation!

I just had my weigh in and I believe it is the biggest since I've been doing IP and definitely the biggest since I've been going to a coach....down 3.5 lbs! And I thought I'd slow down as I neared my goal....Elated!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelstpe View Post
Woo-Hoo!! Great job!!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #14  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Why isn't lamb on the P1 protein list? Is it considered too fatty?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #15  

Hello everyone . I just want to share my happiness. I WI yesterday, I started jan 29, 2014, I lost 15 lbs ! Still a long way to go but thank you everyone for nice words of encouragement and very helpful tips.have a blessed week :>..
Closed Thread