South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Marvelous Monday in March on the beach 3/24

I'm trying to convince myself a Monday is marvelous!! Actually, I just got off the treadmill, so I am a bit energized. I skipped last week because it was a *really* draining week, and I didn't want to wear myself out.

I just realized that I never finished planning my menu. I am going to make Kalyn's chicken and pinto with cilantro soup for this week, doesn't that sound delish?! You use hummus in it!!

Off to work, then groceries before the kids get off the bus. Anyone with exciting plans?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Tammy thanks for starting us off. My plans are to come to your house for dinner Soups sounds delicious. Anything with hummus usually is.

Going to Joe's for dinner tonight. Otherwise same old stuff. I do need to plan my menu for two weeks. Next week I am away for the beginning of the week (training) then jump right into my work week. Luckily the training is only a half an hour from Joe's house, so he can feed me dinner.

I wish Petsmart still had their vaccination clinic. Mick is way overdue for a bath and nails, but his rabies is expired. I hate tormenting him at this age. He is almost 15, but still fights like a champ getting his nails done. he wouldn't come too close to me yesterday out of fear he was next. Coconut got his spring grooming by me. His coat was resembling dread locks. Not to mention his eyes were covered. Now my son says he looks like a rat. It is amazing how tiny he is without all that hair!

Natasha, glad you checked in. Hope things slow down a little bit for you soon.

Have a great day!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's been a crazy morning here. Not bad, but a lot of commotion and noisy. Added to that, I woke up with a headache. Yay, Monday!

Geez, do I sound grumpy? Really, I'm not. I just don't appreciate noise first thing in the morning.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I sure hope something about today will be marvellous. (Hmmm - the spellcheck says only one l in marvellous. When did that happen?)

Definitely a soupy week around here as my mouth is still pretty sore to chew anything major. I have a nice stash of single servings in the freezer and may make a finely chopped salad of some sort to try. My jaw needs some exercise besides talking.

Yesterday was an all-day jammie day and I enjoyed it. Jazz got lots of lap-time. I hope he can get a haircut this week as he looks like a black mop or a small Puli. Holly, the woman who sold him to me, is planning to come here to bath and groom him later this week.

Two quilting biddies coming this morning to pick up cheques for some fabric they bought and after that I may take off for town. I'm still on the hunt for the elusive sink strainers and also have a donation to deposit. So glad we have sunshine today and no ice on the roads - just winter muck!

Hope your Monday IS marvellous!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Work is on my agenda, and I've spent my free time this morning booking us flights to visit our dear friend who was paralyzed several years ago. They are from Alaska but have been at UCLA Medicalctr since Jan. where he might become eligible for a experimental surgery. Now I've got to get more coffee and get going.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been up and working since 5:45. taking a short breather before diving back into work. Yup, it's that time of year. I'm cramming as much work as possible into two days so I can go away the rest of the week and not fret too much. We will see how that goes. Last week my cell phone kept grabbing me on our day off. I can ignore it sometimes but some days it's just all time sensitive Reminder of why I might not want to move to the next campaign when this one winds down!

I made yummy cookie dough truffles last night with chick peas! They could easily be adapted with a sugar alternative for SBD. I also made lasagna with gluten free, homemade crepes (made with coconut flour). It was very yummy. I'm loving all my food experiments. Oh, and I also did 145 squats. Believe it or not it wasn't that bad after 21 days of the challenge. I'm thinking about lunges next month.

Time to get back to the grind, Ah Monday, living up to its reputation already!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-24-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - sounds yummy. I wish I liked to cook.

I'm going to my usual Monday morning workout. Then hopefully we'll hear from both boys today; DS2 has been calling Monday morning when he drives to his internship (and was on spring break last week) and DS1 usually calls on his commute home from work.

I will probably spend hours on the computer looking at stuff for our road trip. This time we are going to detour on our way from KS to PA so that DH can try to find some ancestral graves in Morgantown, WV. So I'll explore for anything else nearby or on the route that might be interesting as well as good places to spend the night. Looks like we'll pass almost through Hershey the next day on the final drive to DS's. Hmmm.

Have a great day.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sounds like everyone has a busy day planned today. I have lots of meetings on my plate and then I have my well woman check up this afternoon. Still battling cold actually I think it is back full blown after taking off one week with just a cough.

I need to schedule a follow up appointment for DD2 and her nose, I can't tell if it is crooked or not.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone

I seem to have the same problem everyone else was having a couple days ago with sleeping in. I woke up at 5 due to nasal allergies. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon to get a refill on an Rx and review a cholesterol draw he ordered. Aside from that I will see what job opportunities are out there and be having dinner with Mark. I am making pasta primavera. I didn't realize that Barila makes a product called White Fiber with 6g fiber as opposed to 7g fiber in whole wheat pasta I only choose this because when I am making something with white-ish sauce I don't like the brown look of WW pasta. Anybody ever use the White Fiber Barila pasta?

Jennifer...uh oh word's out you're giving baths

Ruth...hope you find you're sink strainers & everything else your heart desires in town.

Cyndi..Good grief thats early to begin working! Your truffles sound good it would be interesting to peek at the recipe when you have time to post or link it.

Karen...Your road trip sounds fun...I want to go on a road trip too

Pearl...Hope your cold gets better soon.

To everyone else enjoy your day.

Sue
Old 03-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlygirly View Post
Cyndi..Good grief thats early to begin working! Your truffles sound good it would be interesting to peek at the recipe when you have time to post or link it.
I made a slightly modified version of this recipe. I added cinnamon and some nut butter and kept the sweetener low. I'm sure agave would work with this or a combo of liquid and dry sweetener. Don't worry about any bean taste in the dough, once it chills and you coat it no one will know it started as beans
Old 03-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, just stopping by to say hi. I'm on my way to the recipe section to look for a plan for tomorrow night's dinner!!
Closed Thread