View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #243
lisa32989
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I want to order some bars but I have a couple questions as I am just starting out on IP using alternatives.
1. When choosing bars, do you look at the total carb count or do you count net carbs?
Net

2. Restricted vs. Unrestricted? Anything with 9 or more carbs is restricted? Are there any bars that are unrestricted?
I've always used the rule that 7 carbs is the magic number for unrestricted
So 8 & over is restricted in my book.

3. When can you have restricted items? After Week 2? Week 3?
Beginning the first week. Some clinics have "house rules" that vary this but the IP program starts them right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
I'm trying to get my head around the Quest Bars. I don't want to sabotage myself. I have three boxes on their way - Chocolate Peanut Butter x 2 and Strawberry Cheesecake. If I use these as restricted, I should be okay, right?
Absolutely
Would having two on the one day a week where I don't have time for an actual sit-down lunch make THAT much of a difference?
They sort've sit on the fence. I consider all bars restricted. You'll have to gauge what works best for you. On days I can't have a sit-down lunch, I eat zucchini muffins.

Recipe here zucchini muffins
Pudding or potoato puree packets are much lower carb/cals/fat than another bar

Last edited by lisa32989 : 03-23-2014 at 05:47 PM.