View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #77
Tafadhali

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Height: 5'4"

Woohoo week 6 done! Finished the 22 minute run today. My son and I pushed it out to about 24 min to get all the way to the end of the road. Today was the first time my son finished the run and said he loved it and could keep going. Hello kid, welcome to the runners high!! So glad he finally had a great run.

My ankle was tight and made my outer calf muscles cramp up again. So frustrating how off and on it is. I did slack off on foam rolling a bit, so maybe that was the problem.

Awshucks, great job finishing your run after another workout. You're just ahead of me in the program, it's nice to read that you've made it through another day. Good motivation!!

For all of you earlier in the program, keep going! The first few weeks are the hardest. I know it doesn't seem that could possibly be true when you look at the whole schedule written out. My son and I were talking about it on our cool down walk today and we both agreed that the longer runs feel better than the little short intervals. I'd rather do another 20+ min run than week one again. You'll be amazed by how strong you get in just a matter of a few weeks.
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote