View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #76
BigChiefHoho

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Magicsusan, I did w3d3 on Friday (haven't had much time to post), and it actually was pretty good. I think it felt easier because I got to do it outside instead of on a treadmill, so the scenery made the time go by a lot faster. When I run outside, I do it on a dirt road that runs through a farm, so I get to look at cows and goats. The cows usually get curious and follow me, and the goats have adorable new babies right now, so it's very entertaining. But the run itself went pretty well. I'm simultaneously excited and terrified of week 4. I think it's the first week where we'll be doing more running than walking, so on the one hand maybe I'll feel like a 'real' runner, but on the other hand, holy crap it's gonna be hard! But I have faith in the program, so I'm sure we can do it.

EllaDorine, I had the same experience as Magicsusan with the weight loss. Whenever I start a new exercise program, I get a big stall (or even sometimes a 2-3 pound gain), then it all whooshes off in a couple weeks. It's really annoying, but it's just water retention caused by the new muscle use. Congrats on finishing week one!

Former maintainer, now losing again in 2014 after my second baby.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote