View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #57
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonApples View Post
I have downloaded that book and will read it shortly. Also, good tips regarding the mirror and a break. I eat alone a lot, so it may be useful to have someone "seeing" me (i.e. in the mirror). I never eat as crazy when I am with other people as I do when I am alone. Thank you!!!
All well and good, just make sure you don't use that mirror as a judge. You need to kill yourself with kindness my dear, don't let negative thoughts get in the way. The mirror is hard to take, maybe leave that out for a few days until you get accustomed to eating mindfully first.

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote