View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

I wish everyone would write cliffsnotes in their posts, nice!! Welcome to the forum. I am a long time binger, sought out therapy in past years and recently (like this past week!) been re-diagnosed with ED. It sucks, let me tell you. Therapy helped in a sense, it helped me figure out why I developed an ED. That's great and all but the knowledge has done nothing to cure me.

In the past 2months I've been employing intuitive eating practices and have noticed a big huge tremendous change in my relationship with food. I'm not cured, but I know that I'm better and that the ability to heal my compulsive eating is within myself. You don't need to fix your emotional self, you don't need to fix all the problems in your world. You only need to address one issue and that is..... loving and nurturing yourself. The journey of IE has little to do with food, nothing to do with food in fact. It's all about honoring your desire to eat the food you want to eat, tapping into your body's true hunger and validating yourself every step of the way. It's like bathing in self acceptance all day long. I have to address some of my anxiety and stress issues with exercise and mindfulness, but I won't lie to you, food has brought on so much anxiety in my life and feeling less anxious around food I already FEEL better eventhough I've only lost about 5lbs or so in the last 2months.

I hope this makes sense

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote