View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 06:12 AM   #207
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – At Trader Joe's the FREE sample was pizza with a fresh tomatoes topping. Passed, CREDIT moi - unplanned and I have no need for gratuitous foods. The next FREE sample was a chunk of dark chocolate bark with nuts. Ouch - my thing. Hardly rare or unusual, but seriously desirable. But, not on plan. So, I took a piece in its little paper cup and placed it in my coat pocket to plan it for afternoon snack. A winning idea - I had resisted spontaneously scarfing down candy while preserving the chance to have a bite. At home DW spotted it, "What's this?" Darn, I thought, remembering that I wanted the whole thing, deserved the whole thing, and was already drooling over the whole thing. Then remembered that I'd been married for several decades and wasn't going to get away with what I wanted at this moment. "You're welcome to a bite," I said with forced sincerity. She did - adding, "You know I keep a stash of dark chocolate hidden." "I do, kindly keep it hidden," although I knew exactly where.

In the afternoon it was a deserved snack - a planned deserved snack. Hardly enough calories in the piece left. She'd taken a small bite - apparently she, too, has been married for several decades and knew what she could get away with. Small calories but enough positive points on two fronts worthy of celebration. CREDIT moi for threading the needle.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Good news on the tummy. Yay-Ouch for the Kg that went with it. I'll focus on that being permanent.

CeeJay - This on plan thing seems to just keep happening - Kudos.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – Neat that you recognize that you have to change your schedule for exercise to happen.

maryann - Kudos to DS for choosing a mother who'll help him work through a real life disappointment. And Kudos to you for giving yourself credit "for stopping."

nationalparker – Yep, noisy work gets more credit, LOL. Kudos for recovery with an Extra Kudos for using the image of the desired jeans to focus the brain. That chicken salad sandwich is so yesterday.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Hope the seminar goes well today. Kudos for smelling the BBB at the fair without grabbing some.

6crowsgold - Kudos for recognizing that your credits mean "This is success" despite the scale wiggle slightly up.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

Anti-Craving Strategies - Behavioral Techniques
If you're still tempted to eat something you shouldn't after you've done all five mindset techniques, then try as many of the behavior techniques below as you need:

4. Distract yourself. Do you remember a time when a natural distraction interrupted your craving and you later were glad you hadn't eaten? Maybe a friend called, the dog insisted on taking you for a walk, or your boss came to discuss something with you? By the time you finished what you had to do, your craving had weakened or passed. You focused your attention on something else.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 131.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 10 months

Last edited by BillBlueEyes : 03-23-2014 at 06:15 AM.