View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 12:06 AM   #4
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I struggle with seeing my weight loss, too. I still feel like I am that girl from 100lbs ago, although I know I'm not. I never felt that big 100lbs+ ago, either. Weird how it works. Maybe it's a coping mechanism.

Buying new full length mirrors helped. When I first got them, I was fascinated because I thought I looked so different. Someone explained that seeing yourself in the same mirror, in the same environment makes your brain too familiar with your reflection, and it "fills" in certain parts so you can't see progress.

Also, try taking photos without your head in them. It forces you to examine the body, and not look at "you" -- another way to trick the brain from seeing what it always sees.

Best of luck to you. And, cook some veggies for that boyfriend! If you marry him, are you going to adopt his diet for life? He needs to know how you eat, and you need to see if he can handle it... And, if he can't handle it, he still needs to be supportive of your food choices for yourself.

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote