View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #62
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, I'm so discouraged I can hardly see straight. I only weigh myself once a month, and today was my weigh-in. The scale put me up 2 pounds since last month—which is basically flatline. I know there are about 17 reasons why I might have hit a plateau, which include chronic undereating, lousy sleep, inconsistency about doing my leg exercises, no walking (because of snow!), lots of stress, not drinking enough water, blah blah blah. Obviously my metabolism slowed way down, and being nearly 60 doesn't help: it's SO much harder to lose weight now than during my 30s, it isn't even funny.

But still... I was consistently eating a very low-carb diet all month long. And low-carb works for me. It's how I've lost the 67 pounds so far. I only had one sugary treat during the whole month, which was a large cookie about a week ago. Obviously having one treat a month doesn't constitute cheating. Will power about eating right is not my problem.

I don't need advice about what to do differently. I know all the ways in which I need to tune up my act, and I know how to jumpstart my metabolism. I just need sympathy for being really discouraged, angry even. I'm glad I only weigh myself once a month, because f**ked-up mood from today's weigh-in cost me a whole day I really needed to devote to collage. I'm behind schedule on three different projects—yuck. I just hope I can get to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight, and wake up tomorrow ready for a re-set. And thank God it's spring!

Thanks to all of y'all who had nice things to say about my "fish faces" collage. No, Kathleen, the woman making the faces is not me.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote