View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #7
ringmaster

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I also shop what's on sale, and when a good deal comes up on non-perishables I'll stock up. Or even now, with berries coming in season and being cheap, I'll buy more and so I can freeze them. I also use coupons on sale items- good deals can usually be found on beans, tomatoes, coffee, tea...

Staples for me though are almost usually eggs, quinoa, bananas, oranges, Walmart has frozen bags of fruit that are cheap- or buy when in season, frozen vegetables... almonds and other nuts, non-microwave popcorn (buy an air popper, it's so much cheaper in the long run), olive oil & vinegars for salads (instead of bottled dressing). Realize this kinda forces you to portion out your food.

I also like protein powder-It is kinda hard to get enough protein on a budget, and I'm not much of a meat eater to begin with, so I like to include this. Walmart has a pretty good one (Body Fortress -with some other good stuff for exercise/building & maintaining muscle) for $16 with about 22 servings- a serving to me is like a breakfast though since I make smoothies with it.

I have an ice tea maker and use that to make iced teas when I buy all the teas on sale.. healthier and cheaper than buying the bottled ones.

Last edited by ringmaster : 03-22-2014 at 06:58 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote