Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:41 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/22 - Sun 3/23/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #2  

Beck diet daily Tip

Cravings do not just get worse and worse until you can’t stand it. Cravings are like waves – they swell and then recede. Cravings always go away, even if you never put a bite of food in your mouth. If you wait it out, it will go away! And if you get distracted, it will go away even more quickly.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Beck diet daily Tip

Cravings do not just get worse and worse until you can’t stand it. Cravings are like waves – they swell and then recede. Cravings always go away, even if you never put a bite of food in your mouth. If you wait it out, it will go away! And if you get distracted, it will go away even more quickly.
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

How true is THAT?! So often we see people saying they gave in to a craving because they "had to" or they "could not resist" but nothing physically bad happens if we don't eat XYZ, it's our mental duress that gets us every time! We have to find ways to be stronger than the craving!

Go IPers... We are IP STRONG!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Beck diet daily Tip

I was just having this discussion with a friend! I told her I always tell myself that if I still want whatever I'm craving in 30 minutes I can have it. Then I go drink a large glass of water or tea, and get busy doing something else (clean something, take a walk, etc.). Not once have I every wanted whatever it was 30 minutes later.

Cravings are short term - learning to deal with them gives us life-long rewards!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #5  

Thumbs up

I wanted to make sure everyone saw this from it's own thread. This belonged where all could see and learn from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSki View Post
Good day everyone!

I've been crawling around the forum for awhile, and figured I'd introduce myself, tell you my experience and mostly, thank you for being here!

So, here's one long post from me!

After over two years of eating 'healthy', (whole foods/very little processed foods) I just kept putting weight on and feeling horrible. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2009 and basically felt like crap every day. I'm a very active person. I just forged through the aches and pains. But, it sucked!

Mid-2013 I started researching metabolic syndrome and trying to figure out how to attack that problem. (I was not diagnosed, but believe that I was headed in that direction.)

Thank goodness, somebody mentioned IP to me in November. I looked into it. Wow! It gave me a no-thinking program to follow! It was exactly what I was trying to put together on my own. I was exhausted from all the reading and researching I'd done over the years! I just wanted to get on it and see what would happen. So, this was not a new year's resolution.

I started IP on Christmas Eve with a tentative goal to lose 30 lbs. At the end of February I was down 25 lbs and feeling great. I decided to start phasing off IP. I continued to lose weight through phase 2 and I'm finishing up phase 3 still losing inches.

I'm ready for maintenance, which is actually mostly like I've been eating for the past few years. I feel absolutely fantastic and ready to take on life!

My IP experience:
- followed the protocol (Just follow it. Why complicate it?!?)
-light exercise the entire time I was OP
-hated WF products, except for apple butter and raspberry fruit spread/
I made salad dressing and Rainbow's homemade mayo. I just don't like 'fake' tasting food.
-Thank you Rainbow for the recipes!
-using the IP salt was so necessary to ward off headaches
-Within a week OP, I was drinking a gallon of water a day...and still am
(I always drank a lot of water and green tea, but never this much!)
-After the first couple weeks OP, I did not fret over exact weights and measurement of food. I pretty much eye-balled everything.
-I listened to my body. I tuned into how it was responding and adjusted if necessary.

My only advice would be that some folks need to relax!
Breath. Don't try to force it. Are you listening to your body?
Don't compare yourself to others. I know, it's difficult not to, but we are all very individual!

NOTE: I cannot comprehend being on IP for as long as some of you have been, and I send a thumbs up and hugs to all of you!!!!

Thank you for keeping this forum active, asking the questions and freely giving out so much info.

Take care!
Stay strong; stay the course.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

So excited I had to tell someone! Just ordered a size 6 bikini for the summer. I am actually in an 8, but it is a little lose. By the time it is warm enough to swim, I will b in a 6.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper View Post
So excited I had to tell someone! Just ordered a size 6 bikini for the summer. I am actually in an 8, but it is a little lose. By the time it is warm enough to swim, I will b in a 6.
That's awesome! IP will make the summers so much better!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleroper View Post
Hooray for size 6! That is just super - congrats to you!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Beck diet daily Tip

Very true! Sometimes the waves are big and powerful and stick around for a long time, but they always go away eventually.

--------------------------------------------------

So it's been 6 days back on IP including a business trip and a few stressful events. Why did I choose to start this week knowing that it would be particularly challenging? Because if I get through this week, I can do this for the duration. And there will always be events, and stressful times, and excuses. No more waiting and no more excuses for me! Glad I did it, and stayed OP! I'm on my way!!

My plan this weekend (other than helping at a swim-a-thon and bringing kids to skating practice for the ice show), is to become creative again with the packets! I've got lots of recipes on my blog that I'm going to make (definitely having goddess soup and flatbread). But I don't want to get bored. So if anyone has recipes that they want me to try and review, let me know!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Zombie Mom

Hi all and happy weekend! Missed you yesterday! We picked up the puppy yesterday and whoa baby are puppies hard work. He's a doll though and even though I'm running on 5 hours sleep, he's totally worth it.

I didn't have time yesterday to weigh in, so I hopped on this morning. I'm down another 1.2, bringing me to 155.2....10 pounds down!! I don't know how realistic 135 will be for me but I'm going to continue on IP until I'm at least to 140 and/or size 4/6 comfortably.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll pop in again when I can. Oh, and here's Miles!
miles_snooze.jpg
miles_frog.jpg
Old 03-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning. We are heading home today. I have not be been perfect this trip, but I am glad I brought my own food and I logged everything and it was really more of a P4 diet. Yesterday was the best day, and today should be fine. I really am suppose to start P4 today. I swam 2500 yards every morning which helped keep me in my routine. Well, 9 hour drive ahead...
Old 03-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #12  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well adding a big trip over my spring/Easter break, going to take my kiddo's to Vegas to visit my best friend and her daughter (who is my daughters best friend) then we are headed to Cali for a couple of days, Disney for a day trip and the beach... This trip is coming in 3 weeks, and I'm hoping that the only pants I have is the size 16's I ordered and can almost button, I think I will make it to that goal. Then I will be meeting another big challenge, vacation eating lol
Old 03-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I have not posted for quite a few days and the reason is frustration tinted with a touch of shame and anger. I am working on all of those but I post this because it reinforces to me why staying 100% OP can be so important. Maybe this will resonate with some others and help.

I have struggled terrifically the past 10 days. I could bore everyone with the details and what would be excuses, but I will not.

What is important is that going off is rarely just a cheat. For me, it led to slipping seriously off the program. My war with obesity is really a day-to-day battle. The old habits and emotional challenges are lurking in the back of my mind, waiting to take over with the first bite of ice cream or whatever.

I know I must fight with every breath in my body to first reject the temptation. Believe me, fighting and succeeding against temptation is so much EASIER than trying to get back to being 100% OP. How I wish I had not taken that first off program bite.

It does not matter what stresses I am under, what family event pulls me down, whatever. It is important to learn to cope with these things and keep going. I am happy that I have lost nearly 100 pounds, but I have 40 more to go AND a lifetime ahead of me.

So for those who face upcoming social events, trips, cravings, please read and consider what I have been through. Yes, we are all different and have varying levels of strength and recovery. But whatever is in our heads that pushed us into obesity in the first place never goes away and taking each day as a battle against that is a reality for many of us.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Beck diet daily Tip

I'm only on Week 3, so still get the cravings (although I completely believe they're in my head and not actual hunger). Whenever I feel it coming, I give myself a manicure. It keeps me busy and because I don't want to mess up my nails, I won't go digging in the fridge or cupboards.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #15  

Schenectady
It takes a lot of fortitude to come here and talk like you did without excuses, without glorifying the food "you just had to have" and just flat-out calling it like it is. That, my dear, is no-nonsense.

Staying clean feels good. Even the time I've spent off P1 has been relatively clean. Whenever other stuff makes it back in (through my own choice, not through being out-of-control), my hands & feet swell up, my gut bothers me, I get lethargic and achey. Those symptoms are how I lived pre-IP. That is NOT the direction I am heading. - anyway, I digress. Staying clean feels good and "not" doesn't feel good.

So, we keep doing more and more of what feels good. Some of us are quick forgetters (not slow learners ) or we get the "I don't give a 4@^#" attitude.

Either way, pull out your Beck Diet book recording (I have the audio book on my phone) and listen, listen, listen! She'll get your head in the right place in no time.

For many of us, it isn't about just losing 20 lbs or so. If, like me, you've been morbidly obese, it is such a major lifestyle change and shift in thinking and behavior that to expect perfection...well, it's not gonna happen. Many folks are able to stick 100% to P1 but then mantainance becomes the struggle. Not that it can't be done, but it sure takes thought, decisions, planning, and re-training the self. So wherever your struggle is, it'll happen. You are SO NOT ALONE!

I'm down to the last 20-ish (+/-) but I'm not an IP person with 20 lbs to lose. I'm an IP person who was morbidly obese who has the LAST 20-or so to go. I could have given up when I plateaued but I know I'd no longer be a "formerly" obese person...I'd head straight back there. I had to keep up the struggle. I had to learn to maintain because I've never done it before. I've been here & watched people come in AND get to goal while I've still been plateaued. Much of it was self-imposed as I gave my thyroid and metabolism a break. Some days it has been hard to watch people having their successes. But you know what? I feel SO VERY successful because I'm going into spring and the same clothes I put away late last Fall still fit me! I used to have to buy new clothes every season

Okay this got long. I hope it sounded supportive.
I KNOW you can do it.
So much of our ability to have success or failure lies right in our own doggone heads. Changing my mind has been as huge for me as changing my body (and my wardrobe!)

But, little, by little, we improve.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-22-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Closed Thread