View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 07:15 AM   #86
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Originally Posted by Proudmama2maet View Post
Hello everyone! I am on Day 17 of the IP Diet... so far it's going okay. I would love to hear about others experiences who have around 20 or 30 pounds to lose as I was hoping to lose more than I have to date but perhaps my expectations are out of whack. The clinic said that I would lose between 3 to 5 pounds per week but so far it's only been 2.8 and 1.2 pounds...which is still okay but I am wondering if I should just be anticipating smaller losses.

Also, I read that we can have sugar free gum but I'm wondering if that includes gum that has aspartame or do I have to look for a sucralose gum somewhere. I would love to use gum to help me through some of my cravings.

Thanks everyone.
Your clinic is lying.
IP adjusted the number a couple years ago to more accurately reflect WL. I believe it is currently 2-4 AVERAGE. And your average is right at 2 so far. Higher numbers are typically for men or those with more to lose.

But since you are starting at a smaller number, yes, I'd expect smaller losses. And stay away from aspartame! All the time. Not just OP. It isn't good for us. I think a lot of folks find xylitol sweetened gum at whole food or health food stores

Congrats on your progress!
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

Last edited by lisa32989 : 03-22-2014 at 07:27 AM.