View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #198
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Exercise was only walking to the subway when DW and I went out last night. CREDIT moi for what I did, including stairs instead of escalator for a steep climb. At the supermarket, I was confronted by huge Easter candy displays of quart sized (although hollow) milk chocolate eggs. Fortunately, I'm no longer drawn to milk chocolate and the dark chocolate is hidden in the candy isle which is easy to avoid.

The challenge was dinner, left over corned-beef and cabbage. After eating the proper sized plate served by DW, she suggested that I 'finish off' the several small pieces of corned-beef remaining. I do love the stuff and was tempted. Then remembered that I'm trying to stay my path; then remembered that I'd love a corned-beef sandwich for lunch today. So, I put it in the fridge and it's now waiting for today's lunch. CREDIT moi for confronting the thought that over eating stuff that I like wouldn't matter.

onebyone – Thanks for the The Diet Fix doctor's link.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Ouch for a stomach in need. Kudos for sticking with your exercise streak anyway.

CeeJay - Seven Kudos for your streak of "really, really on plan" days

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Congrats Grandma-to-be on the occasion of seeing your DGS by sonogram. I'm jealous of your cigarette-lighter air compressor.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) – Ouch for being "flummoxed" despite my joy at such a delicious word. Kudos for doing a baked apple to get back on track.

maryann - "Transitive verb your nouns," he said self-referentially. Thanks for "I continue to track, salad and smoothie" - somebody's gotta expand this language. [Touching image of you and DS dancing to Frozen - that just clicked into my library request.]

ladym0208 – Just stellar that you're visiting a new country and remaining on your path - despite the smell of fresh baked goods from the nearby boulangerie.

nationalparker – Interesting that you note that the "white box from the donut shop" was the trigger - our brains know where the food is hidden. Sounds like you're in full recovery from that.

janelle (shcirerf) - LOL at "sick cats and grumpy dogs" - sounds like my workplace (even though surrounded by humans).

Tricia (AZtricia) - One pound a week is a sustainable rate.

flnu - Yep, believe - the 160's are coming; Congrats for getting so close. Tiramisu is just evil - the presentation sucks me in. You've got me so drooling for Pomelo salad. What's not to like in that set of ingredients?

6crowsgold - LOL at 4 dogs that "don't do weather." Kudos for your consistency recording calories.

Readers -
Quote:
day 13 Overcome Cravings

Anti-Craving Strategies - Behavioral Techniques
If you're still tempted to eat something you shouldn't after you've done all five mindset techniques, then try as many of the behavior techniques below as you need:

3. Relax. You can teach your body how to relax in a variety of ways. Your library or bookstore has tapes and books on relaxation techniques. One simple relaxation technique involves focusing on your breathing. Breathe in and out of your nose, slowly counting to four as you inhale and again to four as you exhale. Use very shallow breaths; don't let your chest rise and fall. Set a time and keep up this technique for a full three minutes. At the end of the three minutes, you should feel calmer and more in control of your cravings.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 131.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month

Last edited by BillBlueEyes : 03-22-2014 at 06:47 AM.