View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #84
lisa32989
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I hope there are some people out there who can answer some of my questions for me. I have been researching IP using alternatives because I just can't afford the plan otherwise. I've read all the sticky threads but I am still a bit confused about a few things.

1. Wherever it says "Protein Packet" on the Phase 1 guidelines, that is where you have an alternative protein shake or bar, is that correct? I read somewhere that you can also mix 1 egg with 2 egg whites for one of the protein packets?
Yes. Alternative product protein serving, equivalent to IP amounts.
omelet packet = 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites. I posted a big Math problem about it earlier today

2. How easy/difficult is it to do this diet as a full-time working Mom of 2 boys with a husband who doesn't need to lose weight?
It is as easy or hard as you make up your mind it will be.
Literally almost all weight loss success is a mental challenger

3. Have you found that you are able to go out to eat at all during Phase 1 or are you pretty much restricted to eating all meals at home? I am so short on time with work and soccer starting that I'm concerned that I won't be able to cook what I need each night.
DH and I eat out all the time. What is important is careful planning and knowing menus ahead-of time so you know what to order & have a plan when you get there. Twice this week I've learned I should have asked more questions about the salad I ordered. Both times they came lacking adequate amount of meat. Third time will be the charm on that.

4. Besides having a bar or shake for as an alternative to an authentic protein packet, what else can you eat? Do you get easily bored with drinking shakes and eating bars day after day?
There is a great alternative thread, I think I linked to it a few posts back. Lots of us order from Nashua Nutrition.

Thank you so much to anyone who can answer or provide honest feedback. I have gained an extreme amount of weight since the birth of my second child, and it has affected every aspect of my life, especially my own happiness and self-esteem. I want to have as much information as possible before committing to this diet because I have tried and failed at so many others time and and time again.
I'm working hard right now on disconnecting my self esteem from what the scale says. My weight is about my health. It is a health condition controllable by me as I recover my body, mind, spirit. If I had another health condition, I wouldn't beat myself up over it but I sure have about weight!