Old 03-01-2014, 05:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Chat Thread: March, 2014

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:16 AM   #2  

Welcome March! May the warming sun melt our snow and our pounds!
Good Morning!
New month and a new day. Thanks for all your support yesterday and everyday. I am in a much better place today.
Erin you should be proud of your daughter, she is amazing and strong! You may want to post the link again in this new thread for those that may have missed it.
Terra when Dean says he is going off line he means he will not be on the computer over the weekend. I know, hard to imagine not being on the computer for a whole weekend! Did you get your last walk in?
I've been up for hours. I do not sleep well when I do not walk. Why am I so stubborn?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #3  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning everyone! What a amazing day yesterday! Here is the link to my daughters news coverage if you missed it on the Feb. thread. http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifest...z/-/index.html

I am also down a few lbs. this week! (although official weigh in is tomorrow) Keeping busy sure has helped with the no snacking. Hope everyone has a great day!
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #4  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all. Today is starting out much better than yesterday...had my official WI and I'm down 5 pounds! Woooooo! If I could only keep this momentum going!

Erin: I read the article and, wow, your daughter is such a beautiful, strong little girl! It must be so frustrating fighting with her insurance companies and the state, who somehow don't think something like food is a necessity. My heart goes out to you and your family for all you go through...I hope you reach your goal!

Ubee...so glad to hear you're having a better day. Thanks for the new thread. I hope it's a great month for us all!
bubblybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #5  

Erin good job on the unofficial weight loss! Next time I want to complain about how expensive our diet is I will think of your daughter.
Bea glad today is better then yesterday. Way to go on your 5 pounds down! I too hope it is a great month for us all!
Well today is Sat. and my danger is bored eating today. I've been up since about 2 am so that does not help things. I am baking cookies for my daughters. They are on plan and I should be OK. I have laundry to do but that does not take long. I think I will research getting a new fence for the backyard. Plus I will check in here often. Wish me well.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Ubee - And I thought only I had to fight "Bored Eating"

Erin - I see why you are so proud of your daughter. It was a great story.

Bee - Congrats on your 5 pounds loss!

Yesterday was not a Volumetrics day for me. DW and I ate out every meal due to meetings we were at. I managed to barely stay under my calorie goal but my usual food quantity was greatly reduced. I went to bed hungry for the first time in a long time. Today I am back to doing our cooking and I am back on Volumetrics. I won't be hungry tonight.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #7  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoetsch1 View Post
Good Morning everyone! What a amazing day yesterday! Here is the link to my daughters news coverage if you missed it on the Feb. thread. http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifest...z/-/index.html

I am also down a few lbs. this week! (although official weigh in is tomorrow) Keeping busy sure has helped with the no snacking. Hope everyone has a great day!
Erin, I just had to chime in here! Your daughter is so beautiful!! I live in Michigan too (Novi) and I agree Michigan has a ways to go with becoming more up to date with medical coverage, etc. Thanks for sharing the link to your story!
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #8  
Technology for the Loss

S/C/G: 372/346/330

Height: 6 feet even

Hi everyone!!!

edoetsch1 - A lot of good things going your way I see

bubblybee - 5 pounds is always an achivement. Closer to losing another pants size :P

Larry - I'm sorry to hear that! My husband was like that last week. He ate too many snacks and then went to bed early to avoid going over calorie count . Tricky situation but glad you going to be eating good tonight :P

Ubee - Thanks for starting this thread! I love talking to everyone here and here's to a good weekend for you and your family

AFM, I'm down to 355.2 . Going to be dancing along to Pharell's "I'm Happy" all weekend long :P

Wish me luck everyone. I'm going to Longhorn Steakhouse today and need to make sure I don't revert back in this trend
gurlnextgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #9  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Bob and I both are doing housework this Saturday. Someone should call the TV news channels! =laugh= He's sanding & painting a wall that got opened for a plumbing repair, and working on another wall as well. I'm picking up and dusting the living room: a major undertaking because the many letters I've gotten recently, plus dozens of French books, have spilled all over the Mexican rug. And my little shelf in front of the window in that room, which serves as my reading and correspondence desk, badly needs attention to the disorderly piles of books & mail & stationery on it.

There's a tip here for those who struggle with eating out of boredom: get busy! Do something useful, or better yet, something fun, that keeps your hands occupied! =smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #10  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Thanks for starting another thread for March. Yes I got my walk in yesterday, Thanks for telling me what Dean meant.

~Erin~ & Beatrice & gurlnextgen ~ Congrats on the loss

Larry ~ Im sorry to hear you had to go to bed hungry last night, Thats a bummer.

Olivia ~ Welcome 2 the Thread, I dont know if you will be joining us daily or not but I wanted to Welcome you anyway.

Fiona ~ Good luck on the housework. How does A Month Of Letters work? Im guessing you get letters every day for a month and you write back to those people every day for a month also, I dont know, Im just guessing. It sounds like fun though.

Im about to walk for the 1st time today. I had no energy to do it this morning like I usually do so Im only gonna get two walks in today but thats better then not walking at all.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey Girls, wow march already!

Sorry I've been keeping busy and yet being lazy at the same time so haven't checked in.

Friday Night, I had a dinner date with a friend I don't get to see very often and that was nice. Then it was bingo with one of my BFF's and we went out for drinks after that , I ended up crashing on another friends couch because the weather got a lot worse while we were out. So I was not very energetic yesterday.

I did however make myself go check out the fitness center opening and bought a membership for a year. Made supper for a friend at her place, and then ended up going for a poker night back on my side of town, unexpectedly. I have a LOT of stuff to do around the house but I do want to try and go work out today as well and might have to stop into the office. I should have said no to afew of the fun activities so I could be productive this weekend. Oh well the coffee will kick in soon and I will do my best.

silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. My plan to get back to posting every day still has a ways to go -- hopefully my BIL will be released next week so that my morning routine will be getting back to normal soon. And if that's the most I have to gripe about, I'd say I'm pretty lucky.

Ubee -- are you the moderator now? Thanks for starting up the March thread. And hope the weekend borings don't get to you. Got time for a nap as waking up at 2 AM definitely throws a kink in feeling good.

Erin -- Great article about your daughter. I have never heard of the disorder and was totally unaware that they tested for it at birth. Sounds like she and her parents are both pretty remarkable!

Bubblybee -- 5 pounds down -- Good for you. Keep up the great work.

Larry -- I'm slowly trying to get in the swing of trying Volumetrics. It sounds like it has made such a difference in your life in terms of weight loss and having a plan that you can live with for the rest of your life. While it's not comfortable going to bed hungry, good for you on keeping it within your calorie goal.

Gurlnextgen -- Good for you on getting down and being careful with going out to eat. Hope it was a fun evening out for you.

Fi -- You and Bob should be about finished with your housework so my house could use some help. Did that get a bigger laugh from you than doing housework in the first place? Sounds like you've got things under control and the end result does make it all worthwhile.

Terra -- Great attitude on getting in one walk even if it meant not doing as much as usual. It's so easy to just skip the whole thing.

SilentArctic -- Yet again I'm exhausted just reading your post and all you do in your social life. Yes, there are probably some things that could have been done, but sounds like a pretty great weekend to me.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the posting pattern again, but I've got another 10 days before my BIL goes to the doctor to see if he's released. So, I'll just make a promise to pop in when I can and try to remain on plan so that I can announce some major weight loss in the next few days. have a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #13  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

silent ~ Sounds like you are having a busy weekend

betsy ~ Yeah I always say its better to get at least 1 walk in then none

Speaking of walks Im about to walk for the 1st time today and then Im gonna walk again before bed. Its another busy week we are gonna go shopping either tomorrow or Tuesday and then also on Tuesday I have a dentist appt. and we're also gonna go to Dillions, Although we might go to Dillions tomorrow after we go to Walmart if we go shopping tomorrow and either tomorrow or Tuesday we'll go to a sit down restaurant but we arent sure where we want to eat at yet though. Wed. the group I belong to is having their lunch and bingo and then Thursday is Peer Support and then depending on if we do dollar menu on Friday or Saturday will tell when I will get out of the house again after Thursday. Thats all of my plans for this week.

Last edited by Terra1984; 03-02-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #14  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Hello! I'm Lori. I'm new to this thread. This will be my umteenth time starting over trying to lose weight without gaining it all back. I'm not at my highest weight ever, but close to it. Every time in try I realize something else about myself and maybe why I keep restarting. I have next to no support. I'm married, no kids, no close family, no real friends, just coworkers in my life that forget about you when you leave. I'm very disappointed in myself for not sticking to a plan. I give myself a small excuse and then I'm on my way back up the scale. I' m an admin and I sit all day. I need to get myself moving! We eat out way too much which is part of my problem. It's become our entertainment. We need to change that. I'll stop there as this all seems depressing but I'm not really feeling that way!

I'm hoping to post everyday because I really need some support and a place to write things down and be real,with myself. Hoping to get to know some of you better and add something to the thread.
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Terra - Fairly standard but yes, a little busy. I have so much to do and I end up procrastinating doing fun things. Hope you survive your upcoming busy week.

Betsy - It can be tiring but I really adore all my friends. So I do what I can to see them when I can. I don't know what I'd do without them all and feel perpetually lucky that they let me share these peices of their lives with them.

So I'm having an odd feeling day. I feel thinner, but when I take pictures and compare them I look the same. I think most of my weight-loss is just in my legs so its not really obvious just looking at me. Still have a ton of chub in my cheeks.

Went for lunch with friends and was feeling picky they gave me a ceasar salad instead of a garden salad so I didn't really eat it. (might as well get fries!) and picked the onions out of the wrap... just too many for what I wanted. I really need to try and remember to get half my food to go too. Make the calories last longer, I hardly ever do...

I dunno I just really want the 302 I've seen on the scale the past couple days to be 'real' but I figure I've just been dehydrated due to drinking alcohol. We'll see tomorrow, I will drink lots of water and hopefully won't indulge in too much salt tonight.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote