View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #169
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday! I'm hoping I can get enough done today so that I don't have to work over the weekend. After work yesterday, I went to the gym and did 1/2 hour on the bike. Then I went to a Self-Hypnosis workshop last night which was really good. After many previous sessions with various hypnotherapists, I FINALLY have the instructions to do self-hypnosis.

To answer Laura's question, yes, I enjoyed my yoga class. I couldn't do all the moves, but was able to modify those that I couldn't do.

I'm doing the plank challenge with some Milwaukee area friends and since they are starting on Sunday, so am I.

I'm not quite sure what I'll be doing after work today, but tomorrow morning I'm getting together with friends for breakfast and to talk about our goals. Then tomorrow afternoon, I'm pretty sure I'll be cooking and delivering a meal for my ex-SIL and her family. I say pretty sure because she went in on Wednesday to have two additional lymph nodes removed as the pathology report came back and found cancer in them.

Sunday, I have another yoga class, and I'm looking forward to it.

==========================

I hope that both Happy and Annie choose to stay with us. You both are amazing, strong, compassionate, caring women.

I agree with others, maybe we should leave politics and insurance out of the conversations. We all have opinions on political policy, sometimes based on how we or those we love are impacted by those policies. It doesn't make ANYONE the bad guy.

Let's just agree to disagree....or better yet...agree to not discuss it. There are so many other things in life we can focus on and talk about, like working toward improved health and improved quality of life for ourselves and those we love, all the blessings in our lives (kids, grandkids, fur babies, friends, family).

Annie (in case you're still checking in here to read) - I'm keeping you (and Sissy) in my prayers. I know it's been so difficult on you to be going through all the life changes and challenges and still stay strong enough to care for Sissy and the boys. I hope that Sissy can find the strength within herself to get through this. Can/has she spoken to her doctor? I've never had kids, so I don't know what she's going through, but is it possible it's post-partum and is there anything that can be done to help her (either with the assistance of her OB doc or a counselor)?

Happy - I hope your pain has decreased. Has the shelter determined what they're going to do in terms of a new Thrift Shop? Are you able to volunteer at the Shelter itself? Did you decide to do the online yoga videos rather than the classes in town?

Ceejay - Glad you enjoyed doing Yoga last night. When I did the yoga class on Wednesday evening, it really reduced my back pain.

Susie - Have a wonderful long weekend!

Shad - Any fun plans for the weekend in Kiwiland?

Laura - I'm glad you FINALLY got your coat back. Not a great way for the man to do business. Good on ya' for signing up for a year of Jazzercise. Will you be doing one class per week or more than that? And do you still have your gym membership with BF for your strength training? (of course, with all the challenges you do, and f Jazzercise does interval training, then maybe you don't need the gym membership). Congrats on the new TV.

Terra - Did you say you had a pedometer? It's probably a great way to keep track of all your walking. You could even set goals for yourself...like 5,000 steps per day, or even 10,000.

Well, I've got lots to get done today, so I'd better get to it.

Much love and many hugs to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote