View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
TheFinalFifteen

S/C/G: 180/176.4/155

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Pattience -- I checked out nutrition wonderland briefly -- this week has been crazy busy and I haven't had much time for web surfing but I find reading about weight loss and reading about others peoples' successes helps keep me focused.

I *think* I have finally figured out my formula for weight loss ,which has taken me 6 weeks of trial and error!!! I was bound and determined to find the combination of things that would not only "work" but would also be sustainable. No crash diets, ever again.

Whatever I have going on now -- from eating to exercise to supplements -- seems to be doing the trick so now I have to stay the course until I hit my first plateau! I am very very hopeful today.

One of the most important things, I think, has been to really realize how unhealthy my weight it (the doc said I am officially OBESE. Anyone who knows me would probably beg to differ, thanks to how I carry my weight, but it doesn't change the cold hard facts) and that my motivation is to not become skinny, but to get to a healthy body weight and eliminate unnecessary risks.

I have three pre-teen daughters and I have always been so careful to avoid obsessing about my weight in front of them, but this is all very matter of fact in my house right now. I weigh too much ,and to live a long life, I need to get to a healthier weight. Simple. I am okay with having them involved in my goals, even though it hasn't become a focal point of my life, as far as they are concerned.

So it's good. I am in probably the best place i have been yet on this journey -- resolved, positive and content with this new lifestyle.
TheFinalFifteen is offline   Reply With Quote