Thread: March Chat
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #94
pattygirl63

S/C/G: 238/216.4/135

Height: 5'2'

Carol Sue I also love grapefruit especially the red/pink ones. However, I read on Webmd, I think it was, where they had people in So. Africa who ate a lot of grapefruit. Those who started taking Metformin began to have dizzy spells and they traced it to the grapefruit. I asked the pharmacist and my doctor who assured me that I could have it, but I am afraid to use it too much. I don't want the dizzy problems. Good for you for doing your exercises. I am having to make myself do mine this week since I have had to run DGS places. I did my 3 miles in 27 minutes Monday then skipped Tues and Wed because I just didn't have the energy. We ate out today so I knew I had to do it. I got carried away watching a program on tv and reading a book that I was shocked to learn that I had done 4 miles in 37 minutes. I have to do at least one more day this week and hopefully I will have the energy to do 2 more days.

My calories and fiber are starting to fall in place. Today's totals are 1673 calories and 44 g of fiber. I've been having a difficult time trying to eat less sodium. I am happy to say that my sodium was 1782 g way less than the 2300 daily allowance. Don't know if I can do that everyday, but at least I know it can be done. I think I forgot to tell y'all yesterday that the ticker below is finally correct and the bouncing that usually takes place after going lower, but this time it bounced in the tenths not lbs. I attribute that to my new way of eating. I can honestly say that for the most part this new way of eating is beginning to really work for me.

Rennie, Fatmad, Ruthie and others

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!